Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1234 (Chanel-style Jacket)

Reviewed by:Liana

About Lianastarstarstarstar
NE USA
Member since: 8/31/03
Posted on:9/9/08 1:15 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 29 people
Liana said... (1/24/09 2:10 PM) Reply
Gaylene, I've never had trouble with the fusible not working on a boucle. I like ProWeft fusible or similar for this. It doesn't change the hand of the fabric.
Second Avenue said... (1/23/09 2:48 PM) Reply
Hello Liana, It is my goal to make Marfy patterns with the skill that you do. I have been reading your reviews for some time and find them to be very helpful. I have just received the 2009 Winter Marfy catalogue in the mail. It is my first one and it was like Christmas to get it and pour over the beautiful classic designs. Thank you for inspiring me to take the plunge! Regards, Gaylene McCutcheon Ottawa, Canada P.S. Did you find that the fusible interfacing has held up with your boucle? I have never used boucle before and am wondering if the fusible will stay fused to such a loose weave. GM.
Athene said... (9/21/08 5:40 PM) Reply
Such a smart looking jacket. I love your buttonholes and buttons. The fabric and fit is beautiful. Thank you for all the great pictures.
Dei said... (9/19/08 6:08 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful. I studied your craftsmanship and you did a wonderful job.
AnneM said... (9/13/08 1:06 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket. Looks like a great choice on the hand-worked button holes.
Danvillegirl said... (9/10/08 4:47 PM) Reply
Truly a work of art! A beautiful jacket.
apple annie said... (9/10/08 9:09 AM) Reply
Fabulous, love all the attention to detail and the surprise lining.
Michele19 said... (9/10/08 8:46 AM) Reply
Your jacket is divine and this review is like an education in itself. I can't wait to see the next jacket!!
moushka said... (9/10/08 8:03 AM) Reply
Exquisite jacket! I love all your couture touches. Your work is always so inspiring, Liana. Thanks for a great review. Looking forward to the next one.
Karen8320 said... (9/9/08 9:18 PM) Reply
Liana, this really is such a beautiful jacket and suits you wonderfully. Your workmanship is so superb and you take everything to a very high and inspirational level. Very impressive!
j222b said... (9/9/08 8:22 PM) Reply
A pleasure to read. Lovely jacket. Perhaps the pockets would fringe into a rosette for the lapel?
sewtime said... (9/9/08 12:34 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket! And you looks so pretty in it! Thanks for the great review.
cmarie12 said... (9/9/08 11:54 AM) Reply
I love the lining ~ it gives such an added elegance to the jacket...which is simply lovely!
LindsayT said... (9/9/08 11:33 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket. I particularly like the sleeve bands. Nice touch.
lmg said... (9/9/08 11:13 AM) Reply
OOhhh...I love it. And best of all I have this pattern as well just waiting to be made up. Thanks for the info regarding fit and the pockets. And your workmanship is always truly spectacular!
Elona said... (9/9/08 11:12 AM) Reply
The jacket is sooo pretty, Liana! And you're absolutely right: The collar does have the lovely stand-away effect shown on the envelope.
Nancy K said... (9/9/08 11:09 AM) Reply
This is just fabulous! I love your attention to detail. Great review too. This jacket has the most flattering neckline.
Mufffet said... (9/9/08 10:52 AM) Reply
Lovely.
Diane E said... (9/9/08 10:18 AM) Reply
This jackets' details are superb, from the sleeve bands and lovely contrast collar, to the hand-worked buttonholes and special lining. You look beautiful! I love the shape of the collar and neckline. Gorgeous!
Re Becca said... (9/9/08 10:15 AM) Reply
I love this. yours looks fresh and fabulous, the pattern drawing actually looks kinda dowdy. I like the twill contrast, that really adds to it.
Nancywin said... (9/9/08 10:04 AM) Reply
This turned out beautifully. You always do such nice work.
Nancy Rhodes said... (9/9/08 7:55 AM) Reply
Hi Liana, I too am short-waisted and completely understand your situation over the pockets. Have you considered making a Fake small scale patch pocket placed beneath a bound pocket 'entry' to the real pocket? I am lost with out a pocket or two. I looked at the pattern envelope drawing and those pockets look huge. Maybe just scaling them down would tone down the overall effect. Beautiful jacket! You are very talented.
GorgeousFabrics said... (9/9/08 7:44 AM) Reply
Beautiful!!!
cindyann said... (9/9/08 7:41 AM) Reply
Great lining! Nicely done, Liana.
Sew4Fun said... (9/9/08 6:29 AM) Reply
Liana, beautiful jacket and exquisite workmanship!
Vonnevo said... (9/9/08 4:58 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket Liana :)
Georgene said... (9/9/08 3:22 AM) Reply
Love the surprise lining. Very pretty jacket, even with the challenges...I would never know if you didnt tell us about it.
yorkshire lass said... (9/9/08 3:12 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning as all your work is. I can see why you would want to make more of these, its a very smart jacket.
Sigrid. said... (9/9/08 2:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, as always. The combination of two fabrics is very interesting and gives it the extra touch. You certainly should use this pattern again.

ZIPPERS - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

ZIPPERS - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Sis Boom Angie Dress