Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 27573-1000 (Ginger Roger's Feathers)

Reviewed by:MagpieJen

About MagpieJenstar
CANADA
Member since: 2/22/05
Posted on:9/10/08 2:50 PM
Last Updated:9/12/08 9:59 AM
ndesimon said... (9/12/08 10:05 PM) Reply
oh wow oh wow oh WOW - Ginger's feather dress is my favorite movie gown of ALL TIME! Beautiful job and thanks for sharing it with us. *swoooooooons*
Kellie R. said... (9/12/08 8:07 PM) Reply
OMG Jen - this is outstanding! Did you catch Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers day on TCM a few weeks ago???? Everything, all of the details are just outstanding!
Heatherrique said... (9/12/08 5:15 PM) Reply
Oh, wow, Magpie!!!!!!!!!!!! You radiate Hollywood class and elegance! Dazzling dress! Thanks for sharing the cool photos! Wonderful review!
MagpieJen said... (9/12/08 3:27 PM) Reply
Rhoda K - thanks so much for the heads up on that link. I've changed the settings on that photo and it should be working now.
Rhoda K said... (9/12/08 3:09 PM) Reply
I don't think I could add anything more than what's already been said. Just beautiful and you both look great. I was always a Fred & Ginger fan - when I was little, my dream was to dance with him someday. Sadly that never happened, but I still watch their movies - my form of escapism ;-). BTW, the second reference link didn't work for me.
JEF said... (9/12/08 1:41 PM) Reply
Wonderful!!! Your gown is stunningly beautiful and your review is very educational. Thank you, thank you!
piffle said... (9/12/08 10:37 AM) Reply
You look absolutely fan-freaking-tastic! well done!
Luckylibbet said... (9/11/08 12:34 PM) Reply
WOW. I'll say it again - super WOW! What an amazing creation. Tenacity, you bet. I would have given up on muslin three. EXCELLENT job and a most amazingly helpful review. THANKS.
MagpieJen said... (9/11/08 12:08 PM) Reply
Thanks so much, everyone! Mary S. - I was actually thinking of putting myself up a notch because of this one. I think I probably will, but part of me feels that a truly Advanced sewist would have been able to figure out the bodice in less than 9 drafts! But I guess my tenacity counts for something :-) I would love to take some formal drafting and draping classes! My sincere thanks again for your lovely comments.
wreninrome said... (9/11/08 11:53 AM) Reply
wow...very impressive dress and I love that you made it so historically accurate
Jacqui315 said... (9/11/08 11:07 AM) Reply
OMG! Awesome job! This is my favorite F&G movie - its in the DVD player and I watch it often. Very thorough review.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/11/08 10:03 AM) Reply
This looks fabulous. I think you can take your intermediate category and push it up a bit. This shows lots of design sense. Great job.
PegL said... (9/11/08 9:59 AM) Reply
What an amazing process the construction of this dress turned out to be! It is a beautiful dress and I hope you get many more chances to wear it.
cindyann said... (9/11/08 8:09 AM) Reply
OMG that is awesome. I just adore that scene with F&G! Fabulous dress.
Athene said... (9/11/08 2:08 AM) Reply
!930s glamour - so absolutely delightful. Thank you for the review and sharing your wonderful story. Such a joy for me to look at the pictures.
mastdenman said... (9/10/08 10:34 PM) Reply
It's an incredible dress. You and "Fred" look great.
Kay Y said... (9/10/08 9:39 PM) Reply
Thanks - that was a fantastic review and it's a fabulous dress!
SewLil said... (9/10/08 9:05 PM) Reply
This is fantastic! Love your story and your dedication to making this happen. Wonderful
moushka said... (9/10/08 8:34 PM) Reply
What a spectacular 'dream' couple you make. The dress is wonderful. I loved reading about your adventures. I'm sure somewhere in Heaven, Fred and Ginger were smiling on you both. Thanks for a marvelous review.
Karen6790 said... (9/10/08 4:54 PM) Reply
What an amazing piece of work. Top Hat was always one of my favorite Fred & Ginger movies, and I loved that dress both for itself and for the Fred story. You and your "Fred" look wonderful - I love the makeup and all the work you did to make your dream come true. I hope you find more occasions to wear it.
AnneMarie60 said... (9/10/08 3:27 PM) Reply
An amazing gown! I enjoyed reading about your journey to make your dream-dress a spectacular reality. You and Fred look hauntingly serene. Great review!

No Pattern Used 0000