Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 7390 (80's 90-Minute Top)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:9/12/08 4:49 PM

kim*brown said... (9/17/08 11:47 AM) Reply
This is super fabulous!! Good luck on the appreciation contest too, you deserve it!
Mahogany Stylist said... (9/15/08 1:38 PM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse. Fun picture of you and your DD.
bananaoil said... (9/14/08 6:03 PM) Reply
The color looks lovely on you and I like the style. Good choice.
CypGrl said... (9/13/08 11:19 PM) Reply
Looks wonderful on you -- and love the title -- swirls just want to have fun!
Athene said... (9/13/08 9:12 PM) Reply
Great looking top - I love the fabric print.
ryan's mom said... (9/13/08 7:52 PM) Reply
What a fab blouse! The fabric is awesome and the fit is perfect!!
Karendee said... (9/13/08 5:48 PM) Reply
The top looks great on you. For a student to compliment it, that's something!
lilyofthevalley said... (9/13/08 5:14 PM) Reply
Louella, this is such a dreamy, romantic top and I agree with Annette that you've placed the swirls on your pretty top to create very flattering lines. These are really good tones, too, for your complexion and coloring. You really look stylish and you also look like a very fun Mom. Lovely, Lily
Mahler said... (9/13/08 4:48 PM) Reply
We should start a huge, huge group on Facebook to put pressure on governments so that they bring back home ec in highschool, I agree with you. Your blouse is definitely wonderful. EOS does have an amazing selection of fabric.
Catbird said... (9/13/08 2:31 PM) Reply
Karen8320 is right about "full of life"! That goes for the fabric, you AND Heather! I love it.
cecelia said... (9/13/08 2:08 PM) Reply
This top is so nice on you. Love the swirly fabric--so fun!
HLT said... (9/13/08 1:21 PM) Reply
Happy Birthday superstar!!! Love this blouse on you. Super fab.
Michelle T said... (9/13/08 12:43 PM) Reply
Great review. Makes me think I should check out some of my old 80's patterns. They do not all have huge shoulder pads.
DorothyK said... (9/13/08 12:24 PM) Reply
Very pretty. Great fabric. The top looks beautiful on you.
Karen8320 said... (9/13/08 8:51 AM) Reply
Louella, how absolutely gorgeous! This fabric is so full of life and you've positioned the swirls perfectly. You are so right about certain colors (and designs) having an impact upon how a person feels. Your range of tops, though, that you sew is so fabulous that I wouldn't be surprised to know that you feel "upbeat" EVERY day!
Michelle L said... (9/13/08 7:45 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top! The fabric really compliments the style, and is a great update to this retro pattern!
2BSewing said... (9/13/08 6:12 AM) Reply
You are correct and I am in total agreement...there is something about wearing certain colors that make you feel good. You look beautiful in your top and the EOS fabric you used is perfect. It's unfortunate that Home Ec is not offered. That's where I learned to sew and to cook.
MelissaB in WA said... (9/12/08 11:40 PM) Reply
That is so neat your student was showing interest in sewing. I have no clue why there is no home-ec anymore. I realize sewing isn't popular as it once was since you can buy cheap-o clothes at Walmart and Target, but still kids need to learn cooking skills. Much more valuable than text messaging for sure. Great shirt too! :-)
SusiM said... (9/12/08 11:36 PM) Reply
It certainly is a beautiful fabric and looks marvelous on you! thanks for the timetable on the construction.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/12/08 10:40 PM) Reply
This is absolutely fabulous fabric. Great job on the top and I'm sure we all will like this one.
greenandlilac said... (9/12/08 10:01 PM) Reply
Cute top. I love the song Jessie's Girl too! Rick Springfield was hot!
wreninrome said... (9/12/08 7:20 PM) Reply
very pretty...i too remember the days when MTV used to play music
Rhoda K said... (9/12/08 7:18 PM) Reply
Very nice top - looks good!! Since I don't have kids in school now, I'm not sure if Home Ec is taught or not. I sure wish they would spend some time on it and give sports a rest!! No offense to the sports-minded parents. Just my personal opinion.
Annette1 said... (9/12/08 7:11 PM) Reply
You "SWIRLS" are just too much! LOVE the pictures AND the top. :o) I don't know if you planned out where your swirls would lie on the top, but they landed just PERFECTLY to be VERY flattering. Don't you wish that girl in your class could take home ec?
crisford said... (9/12/08 7:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! That is so sad they took out home ec! I didn't realize this was happening. Hopefully you can inspire your students to somehow learn how to sew.
Vonnevo said... (9/12/08 6:05 PM) Reply
Love your top and love your *Dancing to the 80's" photo :))))
Winifred said... (9/12/08 5:43 PM) Reply
Fabulous fabric and colours very flattering. On my wish list now !!
JustTrina said... (9/12/08 5:43 PM) Reply
i love it very much and the fabric is really FAB! oh, and I remember that song as well!!
shesflipped said... (9/12/08 5:31 PM) Reply
Fabulous looking top! I love the style, and the colors are so pretty. Very flattering on you, too!
Gold said... (9/12/08 5:25 PM) Reply
Cute top!
sewtime said... (9/12/08 5:19 PM) Reply
Love your top! The colors are so pretty!
TrixieD said... (9/12/08 5:06 PM) Reply
Great fabric and look!
EveS said... (9/12/08 4:56 PM) Reply
Oooh, I like!!!!! Extra fabulous fabric as usual! :)
Kellie R. said... (9/12/08 4:51 PM) Reply
This is so pretty! I love the colors in the fabric; they are perfect with the style. What a bonus that it's easy! Great job!
Kellie R. said... (9/12/08 4:51 PM) Reply
michellep74 said... (9/12/08 4:51 PM) Reply
Cute! You really brought this look up to date!

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest