Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4515 (OOP) (Daisy Kingdom Fleece Coat)

Reviewed by:CharityAK

About CharityAKstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 11/4/07
Posted on:9/23/08 1:51 PM
Last Updated:9/23/08 1:52 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Quesie said... (10/25/08 8:22 AM) Reply
Orange is the best! I wish *I* was your niece! Want the grown up size! What did she say? It's gorgeous.
Gelbean said... (10/21/08 3:06 AM) Reply
The coat is so cute. The color combo is fabulous. I just love orange. You did and amazing job on this coat.
AnneM said... (10/7/08 2:28 PM) Reply
I like it in orange! It is bright and fun. (And I don't even like orange clothing.) I would have loved this coat as a young girl.
Annette1 said... (10/3/08 3:00 PM) Reply
And I LOVE that hood!
Annette1 said... (10/3/08 2:59 PM) Reply
Charity: I LOVE it in the orange, REALLY! :o) You should have never confessed, because it looks just exactly like it SHOULD look, with the little pink seams peaking through on all your seaming detail. It's perfect!
EveS said... (10/1/08 0:25 AM) Reply
I ADORE this color combination, Charity - always have. What a FUN coat. I want one!! Great "mistake" and fabulous review! I do love those Daisy Kingdom coats - far from ordinary!
SheilaAnn said... (9/30/08 11:30 PM) Reply
What great color combinations. Some little girl is going to be very happy to get this coat. Its so pretty! Also great tips for working with fleece.
trishapatk said... (9/27/08 10:28 AM) Reply
I think it looks great in the orange color. I love how the pinkish side looks purplish too, the combination of orange with that is quite striking.
amy in mpls said... (9/26/08 2:15 PM) Reply
Love it! So cute and creative!
Athene said... (9/24/08 9:07 PM) Reply
This is such a cute coat - it looks great in the orange and I'm sure your niece is going to love it.
chrisquilts_2 said... (9/24/08 10:33 AM) Reply
Wow! I don't think I would have enjoyed the pink as much.
Gecko said... (9/24/08 9:44 AM) Reply
Love it! I remember seeing this pattern and the fabrics to make it at Hobby Lobby some time ago. I could just kick myself for not getting it when I could have! I love the pink and orange combo! Your coat looks great- I think the orange with pink accents is terrific and I'm sure your niece will love it, too!
Ellenatlga said... (9/24/08 6:58 AM) Reply
oh no..definately the orange! This is such CUTE coat! I like the orange much better.
katlew03 said... (9/23/08 11:41 PM) Reply
Absolutely darling. Daisy Kingdom has such cute patterns that are so different from the usual run-of-the-mill things put out by the Big 4. I keep buying them, thinking I will have time to make them up. Absolutely love this coat. Hope your niece does, too. Thanks for the tip about the 3/8-inch seams. I'm hoping to make a fake-fur DK coat for the contest (hoping is the key word here) and would not have thought they would be less than 5/8 inches.
hongkongshopper said... (9/23/08 11:39 PM) Reply
I think it looks adorable as it!
Josephine said... (9/23/08 7:11 PM) Reply
That is a fabulous coat! Love the color combo. :-)
Morisot said... (9/23/08 6:14 PM) Reply
I love this orange version! How cute is that!
Fairy_Tinkerbell said... (9/23/08 3:40 PM) Reply
It is simply ADORABLE!
Immelu said... (9/23/08 2:16 PM) Reply
That is absolutely adorable. As one who never liked much pink, I think the orange (with pink accents) is great!
Karendee said... (9/23/08 2:05 PM) Reply
Such a cute coat and thorough review.

StyleArc Wendy Pant