Pattern Reviews> Marfy> F1607 (Ruffled Collar Jacket)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:9/19/08 12:50 PM

morzel said... (11/30/08 4:39 AM) Reply
I must say, the second version of your Marfy jacket is soooo good for your figure! You look absolutley gorgeous in it!
Em's Summer said... (11/9/08 5:17 PM) Reply
I just found your review for this jacket. I have to tell you, your reviews are the BEST! Your jacket looks wonderful. You did a great job redrafting it! And thanks for the link to the Journey video on YouTube! I love Journey!!!
Athene said... (10/28/08 0:06 AM) Reply
Congratulations - you achieved wonderful results.
Marji said... (9/27/08 5:06 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your first Marfy. I especially like the blue version with the large buttons. Isn't it amazing how the lack of directions frees you to think it through and come up with something that is more truly your own?
Marji said... (9/27/08 5:02 AM) Reply
Mahler said... (9/21/08 9:58 PM) Reply
Oh you made me laugh with that Steve Perry thing. Your version of that jacket looks great. I do not know why you are still not certain about liking it. You look great in it !
Birgitte said... (9/21/08 7:15 PM) Reply
You look seriously sophisticated in the blue version... lunch at Saks anyone... Fantastic job with everything.
shesflipped said... (9/21/08 7:50 AM) Reply
Super Flippin' Fabulous! How do you do what you do? Both jackets are superb, But of course, I love bold & beautiful prints, and you have such an eye for picking out the most fabulous of those prints! I doubt that Marfy or Smarfy is in my near future, BUT, your review was very informative and funny, as usual. Lastly, how I love your 'Journey' down memory lane. Steve Perry....what a voice...what great shiny hair....what a shame he didn't toss the yellow shirt into the crowd that night....
Mufffet said... (9/20/08 1:14 PM) Reply
WOW...great review. You are really a fearless sewer! Too bad we didn't have that as a category! You are going to have fun and really build on these skills. I am so impressed. I love your second Marfy jacket, and you really should call it the MYJacket instead! Again WOW!
Jane S said... (9/20/08 11:53 AM) Reply
Wow, I bow to your courage and perseverance. Your jacket is fantastic...and your workmanship is outstanding. I love looking at marfy pattens for inspiration but hae yet to get brave enugh to order one. Thanks for sharing so many details about your experience to make it work.
Frogstitcher said... (9/20/08 11:15 AM) Reply
Both jackets are so cute. Great job on the redraft of your second version and thanks for sharing the process and inspiration details.
Karen8320 said... (9/19/08 10:39 PM) Reply
I should have been gone, Back to Vogue and Simplicity, I should have been gone, But Marfy came and sang to me. Oh I must have been a dreamer, (to sew a jacket), With no instruction guide, And we should have been over. Oh Marfy your style holds on ... Fantastic work, Louella! A big hats off to have a go at Marfy to begin with and then you redrafted so much of it! Wow! However, the bottom line is that you've created such fabulous jackets here. The ruffle is such a unique feature and it looks great on you. Well done and what a great JOURNEY!!!
Yvonski said... (9/19/08 5:54 PM) Reply
WOW! So much work, I take my hat off to you. Your jacket looks fabulous.
kim*brown said... (9/19/08 5:34 PM) Reply
Love the buttons and shape! Your work always make me smile, always so full of life and fun. Great character and charm in every piece!
meli88a said... (9/19/08 4:05 PM) Reply
What an adventure! I enjoyed reading this review, and your new Sparfy creation!
sewtime said... (9/19/08 3:33 PM) Reply
Cute jacket.
MelissaB in WA said... (9/19/08 3:22 PM) Reply
Excellent work - perserverence pays off!!! Beautiful jacket!!!
Annette1 said... (9/19/08 3:09 PM) Reply
Louella, I LOVE your new SPARFY JACKET! This is AWESOME. What SKILL you've exhibited. I mean you've COMPLETELY redrafted this pattern. I LOVE the navy with the spunky buttons. SPARFY JACKET + SPUNKY BUTTONS = AWESOME LOUELLA! :o)
carolynw said... (9/19/08 2:22 PM) Reply
I love your jacket and am happy to see this very helpful review as I have been thinking about getting the pattern - hesitated because I have aButterick that's quite similar. Anyhow think I will give Marfy a pass as it seems too fitted for what I want. Thanks
EleanorSews said... (9/19/08 2:17 PM) Reply
Kudos!!! You really took on quite a task, but the results are just gorgeous.
Leora said... (9/19/08 2:15 PM) Reply
I adore this jacket! Love SP too. I have a great pic of him wearing tight jeans and, oh my gosh, that hair! Anywho, back to you... your work is amazing. You are so inspiring to me!!
Karendee said... (9/19/08 1:25 PM) Reply
Excellent Review! Lovely jacket and I enjoyed the music, also.
michellep74 said... (9/19/08 1:04 PM) Reply
Wow, just wow! I can't believe that you completely re-drafted this--it was definitely worth the effort! Congratulations on your first Marfy...after this project, it might be time to start thinking about upgrading your skill level. ;)

Other Thread Catcher Pattern