Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5210 (Pleat-front strait dress)

Reviewed by:Nancy Anne

About Nancy Annestar
TX USA
Member since: 11/26/04
Posted on:9/28/08 9:35 AM
Last Updated:9/29/08 10:13 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
dragkingbar said... (10/8/10 6:13 PM) Reply
Looks adorable! I was also wondering about the need for a zipper when I was first looking at this pattern. Do you think it would work if you sewed up the back just to about within 4-5 inches of the top and installed a button and loop at the top?
Meggie LuLu said... (9/30/08 5:19 PM) Reply
What a CUTE dress!!! I LOVE the fabric print!!! It definitely has a 70's vibe to it!!!
Nancy Anne said... (9/29/08 6:27 AM) Reply
Skymom- I changed the review to address my experience with this, and the reason I went ahead with the zipper. Thanks!
Mufffet said... (9/28/08 8:23 PM) Reply
Just a lovely dress. The colors are so good on your daughter. She looks so stylist!
Skymom said... (9/28/08 8:08 PM) Reply
Very cute dress--she looks great! I'd guess you could skip the zipper altogether on this, as long as she's so slender. That would certainly make it quicker to sew.
Trephas2003 said... (9/28/08 2:52 PM) Reply
It looks great!
DaisyEsq said... (9/28/08 12:25 PM) Reply
You made such a pretty dress for a pretty girl. Well done.
Beek said... (9/28/08 12:11 PM) Reply
Darling dress on a darling girl! I bet she loves it. The fabric is so bright and cheerful.
phthooey said... (9/28/08 10:36 AM) Reply
I am a petite woman and have put off sewing this b/c I wasn't sure a size 6 would work without extensive pattern mods. Your 11-year-old is still 4 inches taller than me, but I get a good sense of how this might look if I sewed it for myself. Your fabric choice, worn with the cutoff leggings and mary jane flats, really make this dress as age-appropriate as can be. She looks really happy in her new dress! :) Thanks for the review!

Silhouette Patterns 113

by: PattiinATL

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

SewBaby Easy Appliqued Bibs Pattern