Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2007-124 (Stovepipe trousers)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:9/26/08 5:54 PM
Last Updated:9/27/08 8:24 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
Gelbean said... (10/21/08 0:52 AM) Reply
I love reading your reviews. These pants are great and look fabulous on you.
Squeezylemon said... (9/30/08 5:57 AM) Reply
Gorgeous trousers on you Louella! And a great laugh reading your review into the bargain, what more can we ask for from you??!!
Mufffet said... (9/28/08 8:38 PM) Reply
Fantastic pants...WOW...they look terrific on you!
ChristineX said... (9/28/08 7:52 PM) Reply
Great review and great pants!! =)
lilyofthevalley said... (9/28/08 1:16 PM) Reply
Louella, I love your vanity pic; you look like a million bucks in these pants and your wonderful Jalie top. Your addition of an knee level seam on your pants adds an additional fashion pop to these already stylish pants. In the olden days, we called these slim leg pants "cigarette pants" but that nasty word is now forbidden. Both then and now, very few women looked smashing in them ... but you do, you little beauty! -Lily
Beek said... (9/28/08 12:20 PM) Reply
Good job, Heatherrique! Now you have a beautiful pair of pants to wear with all you great tops that you've made!
EveS said... (9/28/08 0:04 AM) Reply
Wow, Louella, you're taking on the Big Girl challenges these days, aren't you! (I'm still trying to figure out pants.) Beautiful job...they look fabulous on you (of course). I'm not sure how to insert a link into the comments, but Els has a fabulous tutorial on invisible zips on The Sewing Divas' blog. Once on the blog page, do a search for "invisible zippers" and it should come up. Her method is the only one I use now.
Elke said... (9/27/08 10:08 PM) Reply
these look fabulous on you, very flattering!
ryan's mom said... (9/27/08 4:52 PM) Reply
These are super! They are so flattering on you and such a nice style of pants.
Birgitte said... (9/27/08 2:01 PM) Reply
You look fabulous, what a great style on you!
Luckylibbet said... (9/27/08 1:31 PM) Reply
Wonderful fit! That style is so flattering for your figure - terrific job.
Marji said... (9/27/08 4:22 AM) Reply
LOL, I'm as much a wimp as you on any type of roller coaster. The pants look great on you. No reason to avoid making pants again, these fit so well that you need never brave a fitting room again for RTW pants. Bravo!
Karen8320 said... (9/27/08 3:22 AM) Reply
These look great on you Louella! If I had legs like yours, I'd be wearing stovepipe trousers every day! These look to have a fabulous fit. I was impressed by your last pair of pants and I'm also impressed by these. Good luck with your pursuit of your own TNT pants pattern. I'm thinking of starting a journey in that direction myself.
Terri A said... (9/26/08 11:55 PM) Reply
Great review - thanks!
MelissaB in WA said... (9/26/08 10:56 PM) Reply
Excellent! You know I hate rolller coasters too - actually "kiddie" ones are okay, but the ones made for grown ups scare the daylights out of me.
Mahler said... (9/26/08 10:08 PM) Reply
Nice pants. I love them on you !!!!
tomed said... (9/26/08 8:38 PM) Reply
Nice job! You have the perfect figure for these stovepipe pants!
Vonnevo said... (9/26/08 7:44 PM) Reply
Fabulous fit, these pants are very flattering.
kim*brown said... (9/26/08 7:21 PM) Reply
Great fit! You'll get lots of wear out of these this fall!
Annette1 said... (9/26/08 7:01 PM) Reply
Remember what I said in your tote review about all your reviews making me happy? Well, I am officially withdrawing that comment, WITH A HUFF, I might add, as these look SO DANG GOOD on you. I'm PEA GREEN with envy! You're so slim and trim and sleek, you can wear these stovepipes with such FINESS! I would even go so far as to call them cigarette pants -- even more maddening! -- and they STILL look great on you! I guess I should mention the fit, too, which is MARVELOUS. :o) SHOW-OFF!
michellep74 said... (9/26/08 6:38 PM) Reply
Great looking pair of pants! And they're ridiculously flattering on you!

by: Lori V