Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1063

Last Updated:9/27/08 3:20 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants
lara900 said... (8/24/09 11:49 AM) Reply
thank you Sigrid for the review -- this is one of the patterns I consider for my first try at a jacket. I am pear-shaped, so look for lapel- or other details on a suit jacket, to draw attention upwards. This jacket seems to do that job. And I love the way it came out for you, it looks great in the picture.
AnneM said... (10/18/08 4:12 PM) Reply
The jacket seems to have come out well - particularly the back, which has spectacular fit. Interesting on the instructions.
moushka said... (9/28/08 5:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, Sigrid. You did a fabulous job, despite the limitations of the stitch 'n flip method. I wonder if the problems you had were caused by all the bias seams in the back? It's a lovely design; I'm looking forward to your next interpretation.
rockontinyrebel said... (9/28/08 10:48 AM) Reply
Great-looking jacket!
carolynw said... (9/28/08 10:02 AM) Reply
Sigrid for what it's worth I think it looks really nice but I can understand that you may have some issues with it - will look for your second time around but in the meantime hope you will wear this version a lot!
blue mooney said... (9/28/08 9:25 AM) Reply
This looks very nice in your photos, Sigrid. The lines of the pattern look like it would be very challenging to stitch & flip. I'm glad you want to make it again.
Woolygal said... (9/28/08 8:18 AM) Reply
I t looks great. Thanks for the pocket tutorial.Vry helpful.
Annette1 said... (9/28/08 1:48 AM) Reply
Very nice fit on this Sigrid! I REALLY like the BACK. I always enjoy your jacket reviews, not just to see the end result, but because you have so much helpful information, as well. I have this pattern AND 1064 (surprise, surprise). This really flatters your figure!
Heatherrique said... (9/27/08 9:07 PM) Reply
Sigrid, this jacket looks wonderful! Thanks for your very helpful review!
Re Becca said... (9/27/08 5:13 PM) Reply
This is a pattern that I have lined up for when I have more time to devote. I will definitely make a muslin. I can't wait for your next version. What will you make it in next?
Dei said... (9/27/08 5:00 PM) Reply
Wow Sigrid! This is lovely. It fits you well and an inspiration to sew. Thanks for the link on top stitching the side pocket.

No Pattern Used Panties copied from RTW