Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1063

Last Updated:9/27/08 3:20 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants
lara900 said... (8/24/09 11:49 AM) Reply
thank you Sigrid for the review -- this is one of the patterns I consider for my first try at a jacket. I am pear-shaped, so look for lapel- or other details on a suit jacket, to draw attention upwards. This jacket seems to do that job. And I love the way it came out for you, it looks great in the picture.
AnneM said... (10/18/08 4:12 PM) Reply
The jacket seems to have come out well - particularly the back, which has spectacular fit. Interesting on the instructions.
moushka said... (9/28/08 5:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, Sigrid. You did a fabulous job, despite the limitations of the stitch 'n flip method. I wonder if the problems you had were caused by all the bias seams in the back? It's a lovely design; I'm looking forward to your next interpretation.
rockontinyrebel said... (9/28/08 10:48 AM) Reply
Great-looking jacket!
carolynw said... (9/28/08 10:02 AM) Reply
Sigrid for what it's worth I think it looks really nice but I can understand that you may have some issues with it - will look for your second time around but in the meantime hope you will wear this version a lot!
blue mooney said... (9/28/08 9:25 AM) Reply
This looks very nice in your photos, Sigrid. The lines of the pattern look like it would be very challenging to stitch & flip. I'm glad you want to make it again.
Woolygal said... (9/28/08 8:18 AM) Reply
I t looks great. Thanks for the pocket tutorial.Vry helpful.
Annette1 said... (9/28/08 1:48 AM) Reply
Very nice fit on this Sigrid! I REALLY like the BACK. I always enjoy your jacket reviews, not just to see the end result, but because you have so much helpful information, as well. I have this pattern AND 1064 (surprise, surprise). This really flatters your figure!
Heatherrique said... (9/27/08 9:07 PM) Reply
Sigrid, this jacket looks wonderful! Thanks for your very helpful review!
Re Becca said... (9/27/08 5:13 PM) Reply
This is a pattern that I have lined up for when I have more time to devote. I will definitely make a muslin. I can't wait for your next version. What will you make it in next?
Dei said... (9/27/08 5:00 PM) Reply
Wow Sigrid! This is lovely. It fits you well and an inspiration to sew. Thanks for the link on top stitching the side pocket.

StyleArc Twiggy Dress