Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4923 (Gathered Blouse)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:10/5/08 3:17 PM
Last Updated:10/6/08 0:00 AM

Gelbean said... (10/21/08 1:13 AM) Reply
Another gorgeous top!
nicegirl said... (10/7/08 3:06 PM) Reply
There's some good yoke patterns in the October BWOF, no doubt! This is really cute--love the bright fabric. And I'm with you: Wonder Bread without the yellow.
Karen8320 said... (10/7/08 4:02 AM) Reply
"If a sewist makes a thousand tops, There'd be nothing left to sew ..." Of course not! I'm sure she'd make the 1,001st! Nice work, Louella, and I think it looks lovely without the belt. Your collar looks really sharp. I'm impressed! Your button spacing is also SPOT-ON!!! Well done!
CynthiaSue said... (10/7/08 0:20 AM) Reply
those dots are fab! Love the yoke!
michellep74 said... (10/6/08 2:27 PM) Reply
Very cute blouse!
kim*brown said... (10/6/08 1:53 PM) Reply
This looks great on you! One question, aren't you running out of closet space. LOL!
pterion said... (10/6/08 12:58 PM) Reply
Lovely, like all your blouses! The peppy dots ARE very Wonder-like. You have my admiration at your precise handling of this pretty, slippery material.
Frogstitcher said... (10/6/08 9:34 AM) Reply
Ah, Bread, the first album I ever bought. But I digress, your blouse looks great on you and I like that you belted it to give it a closer fit.
Lori V said... (10/6/08 7:12 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse.
ITAdmin said... (10/6/08 6:42 AM) Reply
Cute! Love all the dots.
Kbenco said... (10/5/08 8:52 PM) Reply
This blouse sounds like hard work. It looks beautifully made. I think it looks good with the wide belt, but a skinny red one would look cute too.
Annette1 said... (10/5/08 6:25 PM) Reply
You're a "Wonder" girl in this fun blouse! I love the fun print, and especially like the dropped, puffed sleeves. I can't believe this pattern is out of print ALREADY. Seems like I just saw it in the books. I started your review, but as soon as I clicked on the project photo, I got sidetracked in Legoland! Great photos, and I see you were wearing your pants you made to Legoland, too. They look GREAT on you!
Squeezylemon said... (10/5/08 5:13 PM) Reply
Yet another gorgeous project from you! Thanks for great review. And treat yourself to the BREAD greatest hits - I have it, wonderful!!!
shesflipped said... (10/5/08 4:18 PM) Reply
...If a picture paints a thousand words....Oh, how I loved Bread! Your top is super, flippin' sharp! Love it!

by: JUNIPERJUN...