Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1061 (Sandra Betzina)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:10/7/08 8:33 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants

lyndle said... (5/11/09 10:37 PM) Reply
Your outfit looks great!
AnneM said... (10/20/08 7:57 PM) Reply
Very nice, great for a travel outfit (or not, for that matter).
Ann Smith said... (10/17/08 11:52 AM) Reply
Sara, I don't think the pattern is difficult at all. The only tricky part is dealing with the bulk at the neckline (because of all the tucks). It really is very straight forward and the instructions are excellent.
Sara The Slayer said... (10/16/08 2:09 PM) Reply
Love love love it. The only question I have is about the difficulty level. It doesn't LOOK like it would be hard...but still, that can be deceiving, and you're listed as advanced...
Membear said... (10/13/08 2:57 AM) Reply
I adore this top I saw it online and wondered about it You have persuaded me !!! Thanks for the review.
jhansby said... (10/12/08 8:56 PM) Reply
Awesome as usual!!
michellep74 said... (10/8/08 1:13 PM) Reply
Ok, I love both yours and Dorothy's versions of this. I need to get off my butt and make this no!
Annette1 said... (10/8/08 1:05 PM) Reply
Really a great, versatile outfit!
Luckylibbet said... (10/8/08 12:39 PM) Reply
Everybody needs a sweat suit alternative - and yours is FABULOUS. Your review and Dorothy's have convinced me to put this pattern on my must sew this fall list. Thanks for enabling me!
Bonnie O said... (10/8/08 11:21 AM) Reply
What a great outfit! Very helpful review.
Grammy Gin said... (10/8/08 10:23 AM) Reply
Love the hood look on you!
Barbara V said... (10/8/08 9:31 AM) Reply
Wow, it turned out great..... looks stylish and very comfortable. I like the large hood size...very functional.
carolynw said... (10/8/08 8:57 AM) Reply
Very nice Ann - as I said when remarking on Dorothy's review - I am sold on this pattern now!! Thanks for sharing with us
Yvonski said... (10/8/08 5:25 AM) Reply
Very intriguing pattern. Looks great on you. Have put it on my wish list.
Erica B. said... (10/8/08 2:27 AM) Reply
This outfit is so adorable! It looks so comfy, but yet still a sweat suit alternative. Great job!
Karen8320 said... (10/8/08 1:29 AM) Reply
What a fabulous outfit, Ann! This top has so many design features and it looks perfect with the pants. Great work!
lilyofthevalley said... (10/8/08 0:52 AM) Reply
Ann, both the top and pants are completely wonderful and besides looking so chic, look soooo comfortable. I didn't know that you and Dorothy were friends; how delightful to have two such skilled sewers able to brainstorm. (I too have photographed a black 2-pc outfit, only to have the pieces photograph differently, even though both pieces were cut on the identical grain - it's a mystery.) Absolutely perfect for travel. Lovely, Lily
craftylady66 said... (10/8/08 0:23 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. My plans to sew this one have been expedited. I really appreciate the warning about the labor- intensive stitching.
Terri A said... (10/7/08 11:29 PM) Reply
Great job! Looks wonderful on you!
SueV said... (10/7/08 11:24 PM) Reply
I gotta have this, it is so cute/interesting... the back and front. And I could eat and eat and eat :)
sewtime said... (10/7/08 10:57 PM) Reply
Very nice! Love it. Thank you for the review.
DorothyK said... (10/7/08 10:24 PM) Reply
The outfit looks great on you. We can wear them together and be twins.:) I like it with the Sketchers. Let's see, do I have a pair???
Athene said... (10/7/08 9:10 PM) Reply
Thank you for the great review and all the pictures. Your outfit looks fabulous.

by: emr