Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Heatherrique said... (10/16/08 5:55 PM) Reply
Chic, cheerful, and beautifully made! Your version is so much more enticing than Burdie's!
Dmd4106 said... (10/16/08 4:31 PM) Reply
Neat project, luv the fabric. Great job
Frogstitcher said... (10/16/08 9:21 AM) Reply
The minute I saw your photo I knew which pattern this was. I've had my eye on this one too. Your jacket is very stylish. Great review and lovely jacket.
rozzybabe said... (10/15/08 8:19 PM) Reply
I've sewn for many years, & I would not have tried this pattern, although I'm adventurous! I think you'd better notch yourself up from advanced beginner!! Super, detailed job all around, with not a lot of back up sewing books to help. You've now pushed me to try something way above what I think my level is, thanks a lot!!
lilyofthevalley said... (10/15/08 2:06 PM) Reply
Absolutely charming jacket, jent, and you've constructed it expertly. Shockingly difficult project for an Advanced Beginner, and you nailed it! As to how to construct a separating zipper (or any other detail), just keep doing what you did; i.e., lay the pieces on top of each other as they're supposed to be in finished state, and connect in any way that makes sense to you. And voila! You've mastered advanced sewing. Just like that. Lovely, Lily
hongkongshopper said... (10/14/08 10:51 PM) Reply
Wow, what a great job you did! Really cute.
Markie1 said... (10/14/08 9:26 PM) Reply
You should be very proud of yourself...this is not an easy jacket and you made it beautifully. It's such a happy fabric, I love it!!!1
Allie in Hong Kong said... (10/14/08 7:58 PM) Reply
I can't believe this is your first BWOF pattern, you did an amazing job. You've reminded me I have this exact jacket in my UFO's and I really must finish it now the weather is cooling down.
shesflipped said... (10/14/08 1:19 PM) Reply
This is the cutest jacket ever! I love the style and your fabric choice is perfect! It looks adorable on you! P.S. It will also make you easy to spot if I ever see you in G.R.~it's one of a kind!
Fran G said... (10/14/08 12:16 PM) Reply
Well, I am impressed! My first BWOF was a 2 seam skirt!!! This jacket is very modern and trendy..and making in your fabric choice brings it to another level. I love it. I was alittle concerned with the puffy collar, but in the right fabric it works so well. Wonderful review, detailed and full of great tips!
carolynw said... (10/14/08 9:21 AM) Reply
This is beautiful - great work and your fabric choice makes this a sure head turner
jent said... (10/14/08 8:28 AM) Reply
Thank you for the wonderful comments. You are all such an encouragement to me! All of you PR members just make me want to keep sewing and sewing and sewing...
Karen6790 said... (10/14/08 8:15 AM) Reply
What a great jacket to see on a dreary morning - cheered me right up. Love the fabric, and congrats on those welt pockets.
Clareew said... (10/14/08 3:50 AM) Reply
That is so cute, well done.
SusiM said... (10/14/08 1:08 AM) Reply
Spectacular job navigating BWOF instructions. Your jacket is sharp!
Seaspur said... (10/13/08 11:31 PM) Reply
I love your jacket! When I first saw the pictures I thought you had used a coated fabric, so I was surprised when I read what fabric you actually used. Kudos to you for tackling such a difficult pattern for your first BWOF.
Annette1 said... (10/13/08 10:32 PM) Reply
This is SO dang cute, and you look GREAT in it! EXCELLENT workmanship, too!
Christas said... (10/13/08 9:07 PM) Reply
What a great jacket! This looks absolutely adorable on you! Love your fabric choice.
Mary Stiefer said... (10/13/08 7:46 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket. Love the pleats in front and the pockets, too.
AnitaJ said... (10/13/08 7:25 PM) Reply
Awesome jacket! Your fabric choice and color gives it such a fun and happy tone.
Karendee said... (10/13/08 7:25 PM) Reply
IMO, this is one of the cutest garments to come to PR. I wish I had this edition of Burda, since my subscription started later than Feb. You are certainly to be congratulated for such a fantastic job of making this! I also thought your review was quite thorough, especially with the pictures of each stage.
Kay Y said... (10/13/08 7:11 PM) Reply
You did a fabulous job on this jacket with some really interesting fabric. It looks great!
michellep74 said... (10/13/08 6:42 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket! Congrats on your first BWOF and on conquering a challenging 3-dot pattern!
ElsaD said... (10/13/08 6:42 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks good. Great job!
sewtime said... (10/13/08 6:40 PM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful jacket, really love it.
Sew4Fun said... (10/13/08 6:40 PM) Reply
Great jacket and I love your fabric choice. It's most unexpected which I love! Great job on the underlining and your first welt pockets. The whole jacket is beautifully finished.