Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 8028 (Star Trek uniforms (OOP))

Reviewed by:Trephas2003

About Trephas2003star
MI USA
Member since: 11/12/05
Posted on:10/15/08 5:39 PM
Last Updated:12/16/09 2:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Needs More Info by 3 people
Tudorlady1533 said... (4/18/14 5:22 AM) Reply
In the original series, science/medical color is sky blue. In Star Trek TNG sciences and medical is teal/turquoise. I have sewn and bought the fabric from Roddenberry.com I thought this info would be helpful.
Trephas2003 said... (12/16/09 2:11 PM) Reply
I didn't have any fits with the pattern. I wouldn't sew it again. I could recommend it to those who can find it.
shanntarra said... (12/15/09 5:28 PM) Reply
Where there any parts of the pattern that gave you fits? When I made mine I sometimes had difficulty with certain parts. Why would you sew it again, and why would you recomend it to other's?
heathercampbell29 said... (10/27/09 7:05 PM) Reply
I made a ST:TNG costume about 10 years ago and it has had a lot of use and got a lot of compliments. I hope you have lots of fun with yours!
Andreahg said... (10/26/09 7:07 PM) Reply
Looking good! I wish it weren't OOP! Now I have to search for it, considering how the "official" pattern got negative reviews.
Trephas2003 said... (10/18/08 7:57 AM) Reply
I made size large male.
Mary Reed said... (10/18/08 1:10 AM) Reply
I have this pattern in my stash! What size did you make - male or female? Oooh, I would love pictures!!
Rosebeee said... (10/17/08 10:05 AM) Reply
Thanks for mentioning this is an OOP pattern. How easy were the instructions? Any tricky bits in putting the costume together? Your profile says you're advanced, would a beginner be able to tackle this? These are all things that make a review really helpful!
dbsewer said... (10/17/08 9:50 AM) Reply
I made this costume ages ago for DH and myself and it was a big hit at the party. Trephas, can you take a digital pic of the pattern and post it? Also, please post pictures of your finished costume. I just go nuts when someone makes a costume and doesn't let us see it.
Trephas2003 said... (10/17/08 8:11 AM) Reply
You might want to try www.roddenberry.com . They don't have the Simplicity pattern, but ones similar to it.
Trephas2003 said... (10/16/08 8:06 AM) Reply
Yes, MasoumaRose. the pattern is out of print.
GorgeousFabrics said... (10/15/08 8:35 PM) Reply
Where is it? Where is it??? I am dying to see a picture of this one! It sounds fantastic.
MasoumaRose said... (10/15/08 8:33 PM) Reply
Is this an out of print pattern? I'm intrigued! :)
Rosebeee said... (10/15/08 6:49 PM) Reply
Oh, I've gotta have a picture!! I *love* Star Trek (Next Gen more than the original, but the original's still good). It would've been helpful if you'd posted in your review that this was an OOP pattern. :/

by: petro