Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2914 (Cheetah Girls knit dresses)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:10/16/08 8:04 AM
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Elemenopeo said... (11/28/09 4:09 PM) Reply
I'm just about to start this dress and your review is very helpful. Love the dress!
Heatherrique said... (10/18/08 1:22 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your sweet and encouraging comments and feedback!
Annette1 said... (10/17/08 8:20 PM) Reply
Well, I actually like the wide straps much better than spaghetti straps anyway, school code or no school code. :o) I can TELL that Heather LOVES her dress! Who wouldn't? AND I'm thinking maybe I need to invest in some elastic thread. I would have never thought of such a thing! Sounds like a GREAT idea though.
HeyJane said... (10/17/08 7:42 PM) Reply
Pretty dress! I love the flounce. Heather looks great in that color! Thanks for the chest size niece I sew for is very thin...always have to modify the bodice.
Mahler said... (10/16/08 9:40 PM) Reply
First of all, I am a fan of your daughter. Too, too cute to be real. That dress is a knock out.
lilyofthevalley said... (10/16/08 2:39 PM) Reply
Louella, your little Heather looks beautiful in her charming stripey dress which does, in fact, recall those old timey swimsuits. I particularly like the 'fashion surprise' of the strappy back combined with the more enclosed front. Very sweet, and you've done a fantastic job adapting a pattern that didn't want to fit your little sweetie. -Lily
pterion said... (10/16/08 11:28 AM) Reply
Aww, adorable dress on your gorgeous girl. Thanks for this review. I've been so focused on Ottobre for my kids' sewing, who knew there was as Simplicity pattern that I NEED to have?!
sewtime said... (10/16/08 11:02 AM) Reply
Darling dress and Heather looks so adorable in it!
Christas said... (10/16/08 9:56 AM) Reply
You did a wonderful job on this ... so very cute!
katlew03 said... (10/16/08 8:43 AM) Reply
Great review, very thorough. You did a very nice job matching the stripes on the front placket. Would never know it was your first one. The dress turned out really cute and stylish.

Favorite Things Hope Skirts Pattern

Favorite Things Hope Skirts Pattern

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)