Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2914 (Cheetah Girls knit dresses)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:10/16/08 8:04 AM
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
Elemenopeo said... (11/28/09 4:09 PM) Reply
I'm just about to start this dress and your review is very helpful. Love the dress!
Heatherrique said... (10/18/08 1:22 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your sweet and encouraging comments and feedback!
Annette1 said... (10/17/08 8:20 PM) Reply
Well, I actually like the wide straps much better than spaghetti straps anyway, school code or no school code. :o) I can TELL that Heather LOVES her dress! Who wouldn't? AND I'm thinking maybe I need to invest in some elastic thread. I would have never thought of such a thing! Sounds like a GREAT idea though.
HeyJane said... (10/17/08 7:42 PM) Reply
Pretty dress! I love the flounce. Heather looks great in that color! Thanks for the chest size warning...one niece I sew for is very thin...always have to modify the bodice.
Mahler said... (10/16/08 9:40 PM) Reply
First of all, I am a fan of your daughter. Too, too cute to be real. That dress is a knock out.
lilyofthevalley said... (10/16/08 2:39 PM) Reply
Louella, your little Heather looks beautiful in her charming stripey dress which does, in fact, recall those old timey swimsuits. I particularly like the 'fashion surprise' of the strappy back combined with the more enclosed front. Very sweet, and you've done a fantastic job adapting a pattern that didn't want to fit your little sweetie. -Lily
pterion said... (10/16/08 11:28 AM) Reply
Aww, adorable dress on your gorgeous girl. Thanks for this review. I've been so focused on Ottobre for my kids' sewing, who knew there was as Simplicity pattern that I NEED to have?!
sewtime said... (10/16/08 11:02 AM) Reply
Darling dress and Heather looks so adorable in it!
Christas said... (10/16/08 9:56 AM) Reply
You did a wonderful job on this ... so very cute!
katlew03 said... (10/16/08 8:43 AM) Reply
Great review, very thorough. You did a very nice job matching the stripes on the front placket. Would never know it was your first one. The dress turned out really cute and stylish.

Christine Jonson BaseWear One - Leggings, Top and Yoga Bodysuit