Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2611

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:9/5/03 2:16 AM

Ann C said... (9/5/03 9:13 PM) Reply
I like your top lots. It's dramatic because of the varying stripe but not too much because it's done in black and white. How wild would it be in brightly colored stripes!
Ann Smith said... (9/5/03 1:26 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone. Sherril, mostly my clothes hang in the closet. Some get worn only a few times. If I stop to think about whether I need something I stop sewing so I choose to disregard practicality. I just enjoy making things. Dale, the blurryness is caused by the tiny pleats and the sheen of the fabric. The stripes are tiny but clear. It creates a cool optical illusion of movement as the eye moves over the pleats.
Dale C said... (9/5/03 1:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful top Ann. Are the stripes blurry like that or is that because of the pic/fabric combo? It's a neat effect.
Snowblossom said... (9/5/03 12:39 PM) Reply
Love the stripes, it looks really cool. I always enjoy the fun clothes you make.
Sherril Miller said... (9/5/03 11:39 AM) Reply
Ann, this is a very nice pattern. It has some good alternate views, so I hope you get to try some of the other ones out. I wish I could wear this style. Oh, I've been dying to ask what you do every day to wear such fabulous clothes! I'm a sub-teacher and mother, and have no place in my wardrobe for such nice things, unfortunately. :(
Georgene said... (9/5/03 9:59 AM) Reply
Ann, the stripe direction gives it a nice vintage look. Very nice top!
Teri said... (9/5/03 9:06 AM) Reply
Ann, I love your top and I think that the stripes look great. Good job.
Tini said... (9/5/03 7:13 AM) Reply
GORGEOUS!!! I wish I could wear this type of top. You look great! Great job, great review!
Lynngray said... (9/5/03 6:24 AM) Reply
Wow, you look great! Love the stripes also. Great review as always.
jlg said... (9/5/03 5:19 AM) Reply
This is a very smart looking top, Ann. I wouldn't have guessed that it would look so nice from the pattern drawing. The stripes look great.

Lekala Patterns 5036