Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2872 (Anne Klein Skirt)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:10/18/08 2:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
AnneM said... (11/5/08 5:05 PM) Reply
I want that fabric. Beautiful skirt, lovely. Great idea to cut it on the bias. Makes a great outfit with your top as well.
Barbara V said... (10/19/08 1:06 PM) Reply
Kathleen, I copied the URL from that review here. http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&reviewnum=33150 Also if you click on my "patterns reviewed" in my bio box above you should find it in my reviews.
Kathleen Fasanella said... (10/19/08 11:30 AM) Reply
Hi Barbara, you said the review for the top was in the list...I'm not seeing it. Sorry but I can be so dense. Can you put in a (more prominent) link to the blouse review from this one?
DorothyK said... (10/18/08 6:08 PM) Reply
This skirt is stunning. I think you nailed it by cutting the fabric on the bias. It looks so much softer. I also like the way the grain looks on the bias. I like your length better too. A wonderful outfit.
Mary Nanna said... (10/18/08 5:08 PM) Reply
Interesting pattern and I love the way it falls - cutting on the bias was a great way to manage the stiffer fabric. What a shame this pattern is out of print!
Amanda S. said... (10/18/08 4:27 PM) Reply
What a perfect match to your blouse. Very pretty and flattering.
Athene said... (10/18/08 4:21 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt and I love the top too.
Nancy K said... (10/18/08 3:48 PM) Reply
Looks great on you and the proportion in the top and skirt is much better than the jacket as shown on the pattern imop. I love the colors together. Beautifully made too.
Barbara V said... (10/18/08 3:40 PM) Reply
BetsyV - Thank you...I just completed a review of the top...you should see it on the list.
XandraReynolds said... (10/18/08 3:33 PM) Reply
Very classy-love it on the bias!
BetsyV said... (10/18/08 3:24 PM) Reply
Very nice, Barbara! I love the top too. What pattern did you use for that or where did you get it?
Christas said... (10/18/08 3:05 PM) Reply
This skirt paired with the blouse makes such a beautiful outfit! The colors are really beautiful and perfect for fall. The fit is excellent!
Ann Smith said... (10/18/08 3:00 PM) Reply
The lines of this skirt are fabulous. It looks wonderful on you. Great job doing the proportional alterations.
Beek said... (10/18/08 2:55 PM) Reply
Gorgeous and flattering skirt!

Ottobre Design Magazine 02-2002-40