Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2872 (Anne Klein Skirt)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:10/18/08 2:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
AnneM said... (11/5/08 5:05 PM) Reply
I want that fabric. Beautiful skirt, lovely. Great idea to cut it on the bias. Makes a great outfit with your top as well.
Barbara V said... (10/19/08 1:06 PM) Reply
Kathleen, I copied the URL from that review here. http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&reviewnum=33150 Also if you click on my "patterns reviewed" in my bio box above you should find it in my reviews.
Kathleen Fasanella said... (10/19/08 11:30 AM) Reply
Hi Barbara, you said the review for the top was in the list...I'm not seeing it. Sorry but I can be so dense. Can you put in a (more prominent) link to the blouse review from this one?
DorothyK said... (10/18/08 6:08 PM) Reply
This skirt is stunning. I think you nailed it by cutting the fabric on the bias. It looks so much softer. I also like the way the grain looks on the bias. I like your length better too. A wonderful outfit.
Mary Nanna said... (10/18/08 5:08 PM) Reply
Interesting pattern and I love the way it falls - cutting on the bias was a great way to manage the stiffer fabric. What a shame this pattern is out of print!
Amanda S. said... (10/18/08 4:27 PM) Reply
What a perfect match to your blouse. Very pretty and flattering.
Athene said... (10/18/08 4:21 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt and I love the top too.
Nancy K said... (10/18/08 3:48 PM) Reply
Looks great on you and the proportion in the top and skirt is much better than the jacket as shown on the pattern imop. I love the colors together. Beautifully made too.
Barbara V said... (10/18/08 3:40 PM) Reply
BetsyV - Thank you...I just completed a review of the top...you should see it on the list.
XandraReynolds said... (10/18/08 3:33 PM) Reply
Very classy-love it on the bias!
BetsyV said... (10/18/08 3:24 PM) Reply
Very nice, Barbara! I love the top too. What pattern did you use for that or where did you get it?
Christas said... (10/18/08 3:05 PM) Reply
This skirt paired with the blouse makes such a beautiful outfit! The colors are really beautiful and perfect for fall. The fit is excellent!
Ann Smith said... (10/18/08 3:00 PM) Reply
The lines of this skirt are fabulous. It looks wonderful on you. Great job doing the proportional alterations.
Beek said... (10/18/08 2:55 PM) Reply
Gorgeous and flattering skirt!

You Sew Girl Baguette Pattern

You Sew Girl Baguette Pattern

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)