Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9902 (Disney Princess Costumes)

Reviewed by:Birdie757

About Birdie757star
MA
Member since: 5/10/07
Posted on:10/23/08 8:51 AM
Last Updated:10/23/08 9:41 AM

Tfitz said... (4/27/10 9:11 PM) Reply
Awesome info! The dress is gorgeous. Are u interested in selling the pattern? ;) I would love to buy it from u!
Toadstool said... (3/18/10 1:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I'm making this dress soon, and I appreciate all the info you included!
azdeb said... (10/25/08 10:28 PM) Reply
OMG!! It's gorgeous!
Sandi S said... (10/25/08 1:22 AM) Reply
I love it! What a special dress for DD!
Heatherrique said... (10/24/08 8:28 PM) Reply
She's a dazzling little princess! Stunning gown!
slanden99 said... (10/24/08 5:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful princess dress! I agree that this is the most accurate pattern available for a Belle costume. Had I seen this pattern earlier, I probably would have used it for my dd's costume.
Trephas2003 said... (10/24/08 8:46 AM) Reply
It looks cute!
fourkid said... (10/24/08 8:16 AM) Reply
Beautiful! And you solved a "poofy" slip problem I was having for a different princess costume I am making - Thanks!
TheSewingGirl said... (10/24/08 7:35 AM) Reply
WOW! This beginner is loving the dress you made. Now I am going to go back and read the review again....so much I can learn here. What a wonderful job you did!!
Gelbean said... (10/23/08 10:29 PM) Reply
Stunning dress. All of your hard work really paid off. Your daughter looks beautiful.
Mahogany Stylist said... (10/23/08 5:36 PM) Reply
Absolutely adorable. Great princess costume.
kim*brown said... (10/23/08 2:03 PM) Reply
Wow, she truly looks like a little princess, I know she is completely thrilled!
MiamiNice said... (10/23/08 1:57 PM) Reply
This is beautiful. It came out even better than the RTW costumes. You should be so proud of yourself! Lovely!
heathercampbell29 said... (10/23/08 12:07 PM) Reply
Amazing, this looks wonderful! I've just finished my daughter's Sleeping Beauty dress for Halloween and she's very excited too. I agree it's a bunch of work but the hand-made princess costumes are so much better than the store bought ones. You did a super job on this one!
Luckylibbet said... (10/23/08 12:04 PM) Reply
Your little girl is the 'belle' of the ball! Seriously, the dress turned out beautifully - exquisitely finished inside and out. Your execution of the reduction in length is flawless. Wonderful!
katlew03 said... (10/23/08 11:24 AM) Reply
Beautiful workmanship. With two pretty dresses, you DD is going to have trouble deciding which to wear for Halloween. My DGD is also into the Princess phase and I have thought about making her one, but they take so much time. You did such a beautiful job on this one. Your little girl must really feel special.
SexiSadi said... (10/23/08 11:05 AM) Reply
Very nice dress!
Hanfaith said... (10/23/08 10:42 AM) Reply
I am in awe! If my daughter saw this, she wouldn't let me sew anything else until this was finished. The seam binding is perfect. As and advanced beginner I've never seen this technique before. I'll have to do some research. What a difference it makes!
Marie-Claude said... (10/23/08 9:35 AM) Reply
Oh gosh, what a cutie!!! You did a wonderful job and the seam binding gives it a real professional touch!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns