Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2836 (Men's Jacket & Pants)

Reviewed by:newlywedws

About newlywedwsstar
Member since: 10/4/06
Posted on:10/22/08 11:38 PM
Last Updated:10/22/08 11:58 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets    Mens - Pants

thimbledore said... (1/23/12 8:57 PM) Reply
Wow, you are a total champ. o_o I just bought this for the fella in my life and look forward to coming back to this review when I'm actually ready to tackle it for him.
fourkid said... (10/24/08 10:49 PM) Reply
Amazing - you are so brave - and your husband is so blessed. My Dh keeps asking for a suit - hmmm - not any time too soon - but I am keeping this review around!!
Yvonski said... (10/24/08 4:39 AM) Reply
WOW! I have never seen such a detailed review. The jacket looks wonderful. Your DH will KNOW that you love him to bits.
Gelbean said... (10/23/08 8:30 PM) Reply
Wow! It's incredible. You did a fantastic job.
meli88a said... (10/23/08 4:02 PM) Reply
Wow - congrats on making such a finely tailored jacket... your padstitching and catchstitching are perfect!
michellep74 said... (10/23/08 1:36 PM) Reply
Congratulations! I know that this suit has been a labor of love for you. Your hardwork and headaches paid off--you achieved excellent results!
Luckylibbet said... (10/23/08 12:33 PM) Reply
DH needs to take you out for a champagne and roses dinner! WOW - you are one brave woman and it sounds like you've been through the tailoring wars - congratulations for finishing! And it actually turned out well - looks professional, not loving hands at home. And many thanks for such a complete and thorough review - enormously helpful!
Peggy L said... (10/23/08 11:46 AM) Reply
What a project! I think your DH needs to dress up and take you out on the town.
frame said... (10/23/08 9:34 AM) Reply
You did a great job! I'm impressed with your welt pockets. You definitely deserve the diploma! Thanks for all the helpful tips and links.
jacalhoun said... (10/23/08 9:01 AM) Reply
This looks great. I bought this pattern a year or so ago and saw so many things in there that I wasn't experienced with. It's been sitting in a drawer ever since. Poor hubby so wanted a new jacket, too... Maybe I'll tackle this project someday. Yours looks great!
Kbenco said... (10/23/08 8:32 AM) Reply
What an effort, you deserve that diploma! Personally I think the first line in instructions for this sort of project should be "Consult a good tailoring text". Kudos to you for this momentous achievement. (My husband thinks I should make him a jacket. He will be waiting a while!)
callmeRuth said... (10/23/08 0:57 AM) Reply
Wow!!! I am so impressed! I can't even begin to think about tackling something like this.

All About Linings
All About Linings

by: valgal

StyleArc Leah Lounge Pant

by: clothingen...

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Christine Jonson Travel Trio Two