Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 8953 (Child's Dress as Cinderella)

Reviewed by:CA Eisenhour

About CA Eisenhourstarstar
FL USA
Member since: 7/22/06
Posted on:10/29/08 11:58 PM
Last Updated:8/29/12 10:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
Cuffs said... (8/30/12 11:18 AM) Reply
How magical! (Of course we all know the hard work that makes the magic happen.)
Heatherrique said... (11/24/08 4:48 PM) Reply
Ahhhhhhhh! I adore all these beautiful photos of Princess Ava in all her regal spendor! These are precious moments that she will treasure for life! You made her wishes come true! Thanks for keeping us updated! I enjoy a wonderful real-life fairy tale!
Luvnanna21 said... (11/24/08 12:07 PM) Reply
I have to tell you that seeing this dress again but used as a you did was wonderfull. My daughter made two of these dressed for her 7 yr. old daughter and her cousin who was six, for their flower girl dresses. As nanna I wanted to say they looked like princesses and I am sure that your little graddaughter will also. I was making the wedding dress and maid of honors and bridesmade dresses. We had a months notice to do this. needless to say I was sewing the day of her wedding. I wouldn't change a thing. Way to go grandma.Nice Job!!
Vonnevo said... (11/24/08 1:59 AM) Reply
Connie-Anne, this is such a wonderful review ! Thank you for sharing these special memory moments with us. Ava and her dress are adorable :))) Seeing your photos makes me wish I could catch a ride on the magic carpet to a Disney Park right now :)
Markie1 said... (11/24/08 1:09 AM) Reply
What an absolutely enchanting review with gorgeous pictures of an adorable granddaughter in an absolutely perfect dream-come-true-dress. Beautiful...
ricstew said... (11/23/08 11:40 PM) Reply
sewing special memories! I love it!
Sandi S said... (11/23/08 10:40 PM) Reply
I love the Disney pics! Thanks for sharing.
Marji said... (11/9/08 6:35 AM) Reply
Your dgd will be the envy of all the little girls at DW. What a pretty dress, and so well done.
JEF said... (11/5/08 10:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful ...
lilyofthevalley said... (11/2/08 7:48 PM) Reply
Oh Connie, this little Cinderella dress is SO gorgeous and So authentic, I was looking for the little blue birds fluttering around the top of the dress. Your little Ava will be envied, state wide, by anyone who catches a glimpse of her. I can't envision putting a zipper in this dress, without losing your mind. How very exquisite, Connie. --Lily
Luckylibbet said... (11/2/08 12:32 PM) Reply
LOVE your review - I was singing along as I read! And the Cinderella dress is stunning - it's TOUGH to sew satin without puckers, and yours is exquisite. And your design changes/alterations truly make this one look exactly like the inspiration. EXCELLENT!
Heatherrique said... (11/1/08 12:18 PM) Reply
Breathtaking and beautiful version of the classic Cinderella! Your work as always is impeccable and inspiraional! I cannot wait to see this on Ava! I enjoyed your cool review!
daff said... (10/31/08 11:35 PM) Reply
That is just beautiful! You are so awesome to make this for your granddaughter. She is going to feel soooo special wearing this at Disneyworld!
Sandi S said... (10/31/08 5:51 PM) Reply
This is lovely! Ava is one lucky little girl to be getting such a gorgeous dress.
Meggie LuLu said... (10/30/08 8:46 PM) Reply
WOW!!!! This dress looks AMAZING!!!! Inside and out!!! You did such a NICE job!!!! Ava will look SOOOO PRETTY in this!!!! She will be such a BEAUTIFUL Cinderella!!!!
Terri A said... (10/30/08 8:26 PM) Reply
This is really nice and your review so helpful. I have a friend who is a beginner sewer who wants to make this dress... Now, I can let her know about your review and all the gathering:-)
marycds said... (10/30/08 3:40 PM) Reply
Ok, you've inspred me to make one for my 3 year old GD. It must have been the music. Great review!!
Trephas2003 said... (10/30/08 3:19 PM) Reply
It looks beautiful!
katlew03 said... (10/30/08 2:23 PM) Reply
I'm sooo glad DD#2 turned down my offer to make DGD a princess dress for Halloween in favor of an online purchase. You did such a great job. It must have taken hours and hours. I'm sure your DGD will love it and feel so special at Disney World. Had to check, almost said DisneyLand since you live in OR. Nice work.
prokleta said... (10/30/08 10:28 AM) Reply
This dress is amazing! I tried to create a Cinderella dress and ended up just buying one. I am in awe of this dress. It's magnificent and the details!!!!! are amazing.
Marie-Claude said... (10/30/08 7:39 AM) Reply
I love your review, it's so entertaining :-) Your granddaughter will be the prettiest princess of them all!
Yvonski said... (10/30/08 3:16 AM) Reply
Congrats on a great review. I loved every word of it. Your GD is really priviliged to have such a GM.
callmeRuth said... (10/30/08 1:00 AM) Reply
Connie---Wow! This is wonderful! The dress is fabulously beautiful! And what a fun review, too!
Christas said... (10/30/08 0:58 AM) Reply
Connie, the inside of this is just as beautiful as the outside. It is a delight to see someone take such pride in their work to make things look so nice. Your Ava will look so precious in this! I can tell you have spent many, many hours making such a beautiful dress (and all the WONDERFUL accessories!).

Understanding Wool Fabrics