Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2065 Couturier OOP (60's Fabiani Mod Dress)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:11/3/08 5:22 PM
Last Updated:11/3/08 5:22 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
Karen8320 said... (1/27/09 9:50 PM) Reply
Wow, Louella! What a stunning design and a glorious color! Kudos to you for attempting and completing a couturier pattern. Great stuff! You've ended up with a wonderfully unique dress, have expanded your sewing skills, and have had the experience of working with a couturier pattern. You're a winner all round!
Marji said... (11/9/08 7:06 AM) Reply
Ohhh, This dress has long been on my coveted pattern list, and I finally scored a pattern too. Thanks for all the detailed information. I like that you went right for the gusto and made yours in the canary yellow (of course, you also look fabulous in yellow). Thank you so much for all the helpful information on the construction. And the background on Fabiani. I had no idea that he was married to Simonetta (another favorite).
ZeldaDC said... (11/7/08 7:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for a terrific review, and congratulations!
Em's Summer said... (11/5/08 11:29 AM) Reply
I'm sorry you're not 100% happy with it, but WOW! This is in the Jackie Kennedy style and it is a beautiful dress! You look fabulous in it!
ITAdmin said... (11/4/08 4:54 PM) Reply
Very nice, and congrats on sticking it out to finish. Reminds of a neon green number I had back in the day.
Frogstitcher said... (11/4/08 2:55 PM) Reply
Good for you, stretching your skills and overcoming the fear of trying bound buttonholes. I love the '60's styles, they are so part of our current trends making this dress so au courant! You now own a Fabiani original. Thanks for the great review. -Lisa
annie11 said... (11/4/08 8:45 AM) Reply
I agree- yellow is your color and you look GORGEOUS in this dress! Thanks for including the history of this designer also. Great review!
ryan's mom said... (11/4/08 7:57 AM) Reply
Terrific!!! Those retro details really make the clean, elegant lines of this dress a standout!
Danvillegirl said... (11/4/08 5:14 AM) Reply
Lovely dress. Unique fabric!
michellep74 said... (11/3/08 10:15 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress! Great job at sticking with this one!
katlew03 said... (11/3/08 9:50 PM) Reply
I went through the list of patterns. Those were the styles that I grew up with. I could just picture each one in linen or light weight wool flannel. So different from today's designers. Absolutely love your dress. The color is great, too.
lilyofthevalley said... (11/3/08 9:40 PM) Reply
Louella, what a fabulously informative review for your beautiful 60's hot yellow dress. I love that you're so fearless in pursuit of your personal style, and you look smashing. (My very first pattern attempt in the 60's was a knockoff of a Fabiani tent coat, which I adored. So thanks for the memories.) Very lovely, Lily
Anne S said... (11/3/08 8:02 PM) Reply
I LOVE your dress. I made this dress in the 60's also in a golden yellow. I always felt good in this dress. Hope you do too.
Gelbean said... (11/3/08 7:51 PM) Reply
What a fabulous dress. The style and color look lovely on you!
Beek said... (11/3/08 7:25 PM) Reply
You look really great in this style of dress and the color works for you! Great job!
shesflipped said... (11/3/08 6:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful! You look lovely in this vivid shade of yellow! Beautifully crafted and very, very chic!
Annette1 said... (11/3/08 6:52 PM) Reply
Well, I'm certainly glad you DIDN'T give up on this dress, because it's fabulous! I LOVE that color on you AND the style. This was such a neat review, with the extra links that you provided to the bio and the pattern sites. (I LOVE 2451 and 2925.) I'd say you've created your own "quiet marvel of architecture" here. :o)
Squeezylemon said... (11/3/08 6:38 PM) Reply
As usual a wonderfully original outfit from you to inspire us all! Lovely dress, you look fabulous in it!
sewtime said... (11/3/08 5:38 PM) Reply