Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 10-2007-114 (Kimono sleeve knit top)

Reviewed by:KateS

Vesta Patterns

ChristineX said... (12/7/08 2:22 PM) Reply
Hot looking top! =)
LuceLu said... (11/23/08 8:34 AM) Reply
My first reaction was Va Va Voom! It has a retro look and is very pretty on you. Teenagers are critical, don't take it personally (remember high school?). I would make more, with the tie, without the tie, in different colorways.
KateS said... (11/22/08 6:27 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the lovely comments- this is my first review so I feel I am off to a good start! As to the fit I was pretty happy with it when I made it, however the sleeves don't look as loose as other reviews- maybe as I am taller and am using less ease? Diane E thanks for the comment on my art, just another hobby that I don't seem to have as much time as I would like for...:)
Sigrid. said... (11/22/08 5:34 PM) Reply
Lovely top and I like the ties too. It's good to see this on a body more like mine, I never thought I could wear such a top, but perhaps I should try, seeing your result. Lovely fabric too.
Kellie R. said... (11/22/08 4:59 PM) Reply
Very pretty and eye catching. Nice top that can be dressed up or down.
Athene said... (11/22/08 4:01 PM) Reply
Very lovely look - I dont think you need a bigger size in this particular fabric - the fit looks great.
Diane E said... (11/22/08 11:42 AM) Reply
Kate, this is just gorgeous. I have to echo other comments here -- I love the ties, in a bow or hanging down. I also think the size is perfect. Thanks for reminding me that it is GOOD to hang on to the Burda magazines for the treasures contained within. P.S. I am enjoying the Flickr peek into your sketchbook. Lovely!
mendospot said... (11/22/08 11:27 AM) Reply
I love it. If you or your step daughter don't want it, please feel free to send to me. I need it.
Meggie LuLu said... (11/22/08 11:00 AM) Reply
This is BEAUTIFUL!!! You look STUNNING!!!! I have this pattern. I might need to make it now that I've seen your version!!!
mylittleelephant said... (11/22/08 8:40 AM) Reply
Lovely top, wish I had this pattern!
Lori V said... (11/22/08 7:45 AM) Reply
This is a very pretty top and I like the ties.
latebloomer said... (11/22/08 7:17 AM) Reply
I completely agree with j222b! I love the style, color, and fabric of this top and the size looks perfect. Stunning!
KateS said... (11/22/08 6:49 AM) Reply
Thanks!! Its so nice to get feedback- especially positive feedback! The fabric was wonderful I just couldnt resist..I have 1 metre of the same in a blue colourway but have no idea what to make with 1 metre?
j222b said... (11/22/08 6:35 AM) Reply
This is an amazingly beautiful top. I LOVE the ties!! They are NOT too dressy at all. The top and ties suit you to a T. Make MORE of these tops w ties!

Pattern Work