Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 1025 (BaseWearTwo)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:11/23/08 10:39 PM
Last Updated:11/23/08 10:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
Dixielynn said... (11/28/08 10:37 PM) Reply
Very nice top. I just bought that fabric from Fabric.com last week and made it into a long sleeved T shirt. I like the fabric, but the metalic bits are all over the house. Washed it first to get rid of some. I Like the fabric since it is more stable than some knits.
Heatherrique said... (11/27/08 1:25 PM) Reply
Very flattering and so stylish on you, Nancy!
Frozzy said... (11/25/08 2:57 PM) Reply
I like the neck edge treatment, and good to know about nice shaping on sides for this pattern. Your helper doesn't look a bit sorry about the theft!
Danvillegirl said... (11/24/08 3:23 PM) Reply
I have been eyeing this fabric. Looks good made up into this top.
Babe B said... (11/24/08 1:00 PM) Reply
Very nice top. Your "guy" looks quite pleased with himself!
Luckylibbet said... (11/24/08 12:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful top, and it fits so nicely. Good advice on FOE. Sewing assistant is super cute too!
Sherril Miller said... (11/24/08 10:51 AM) Reply
The sleeve length is perfect. Thanks for the reminder that when you use FOE, you must cut off the SA on the neckline. I usually forget to do that. I'm looking forward to the jacket and seeing the set together.
Christas said... (11/24/08 10:07 AM) Reply
Really pretty top! It looks wonderful on you! Hope your little helper quits hiding your sewing stuff!!!
Patti B said... (11/24/08 9:59 AM) Reply
All right, all right! I WILL pull this pattern out and sew it again. Thanks for the push, Nancy. Love your top.
Kellie R. said... (11/24/08 9:56 AM) Reply
You really make beautiful clothes. This top is no exception and I can see why you've made it in many variations. Lovely.
cmarie12 said... (11/24/08 9:25 AM) Reply
Oh I have some of that knit and you are right it is not a very stretchy knit at all! However, your top is stunning and will be wonderful with the cardigan! You are moving right along with your endless combinations!!!
carolynw said... (11/24/08 8:35 AM) Reply
Nice top Nancy and "this guy" sure is cute but doesn't look like he is going to be telling where he's hidden your foot!!
Lori V said... (11/24/08 7:09 AM) Reply
Very pretty.
mylittleelephant said... (11/24/08 6:32 AM) Reply
Probably "that guy" needs some attention, though whatever he does forgiven for his cuteness ;-) nice top!
nancy2001 said... (11/24/08 6:16 AM) Reply
Great looking tee shirt. I love this BW2 tee shirt pattern. It's my favoritel TNT.
Annette1 said... (11/24/08 2:01 AM) Reply
This is very nice, Nancy. In fact, I like it so much, I went on the Fabric.com site and ordered some of this crepe knit fabric. I've been trying to expand my knit stash (that seems to be the ONE thing I don't have), and this looks like a nice one. I hope your little helper doesn't hide any more of your sewing room paraphernalia! :o)
Athene said... (11/24/08 1:23 AM) Reply
A beautiful fit. Very nice t-shirt and the kitty is adorable.
Markie1 said... (11/24/08 0:18 AM) Reply
Hi Nancy! You find the best patterns--I have never heard of FSG until now, but I will have to try both those basics. Your sewing is meticulous,and I am very happy to know about Fold Over Elastic--another first for me. Thanks so much!
Marji said... (11/23/08 11:00 PM) Reply
Well, it looks great on you. Sorry the top doesn't have the stretch you were hoping for, but thanks for the reminder to check each fabric. I just picked up this pattern last week.

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-1996-417