Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2907

About Emi1yKatestar
Member since: 1/18/03
Posted on:11/30/08 5:37 AM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

See other patterns in this category: Pants
Sue Parrott said... (9/10/11 6:59 PM) Reply
Your pants turned out just perfect! I just pulled this pattern out and am ready to cut. I love yours! This pattern reminds me of pants you can purchase at Loft. :) Thanks for the helpful review!
elily00 said... (12/1/09 10:57 AM) Reply
Why oh why did i not read this carefully enough to find the BS tutorial that I so desperately needed! I even searched for it on BS and couldn't find it (I have always heard them called double welt pockets). AMEN to your comments about the instructions. I had the same issues. I know I've read your review before, so why did I completely ignore your sound advice? :) Anyway, I greatly appreciate the links, and will definitely use them next time. I think those back pockets had me ripping out the seams three times in order to get them right! I still love your pants, and your fit is fantastic.
Heidi Ho said... (12/12/08 11:09 PM) Reply
These pants turned out great. I will have to try this pattern too! I love the way you used the contrasting fabric for the welts...very nice!!!
nancy2001 said... (12/6/08 9:02 AM) Reply
Very flattering pants. Excellent job. Thank you so much for your review.
Puddin Pop said... (12/6/08 8:37 AM) Reply
I have this plus another alice + olivia pattern and want to buy more. They have more style to them. You did a fantastic job. I Love the welt pockets and the button closure on them is a wonderful idea of yours. They fit you perfect. I like the thought of sewing angels. ha ha
Erin D said... (12/2/08 10:00 PM) Reply
Fantastic job-I have stayed clear of pants for awhile now, but am inspired to give them another try. Love the wide waistband!
Flying Seamstress said... (12/2/08 7:14 AM) Reply
Ditto on all the previous comments! Another "shorty" here & so glad to read your review. Wonderful job!
Em's Summer said... (12/1/08 11:00 PM) Reply
What a cute pair of pants!!!
Kiro said... (12/1/08 5:40 PM) Reply
Love the pants, great job. Love the shoes
Big Dog said... (12/1/08 4:53 PM) Reply
Great pants and great fit. I've been debating on this pattern and I think I'll have to give it a try. It should be suffuciently aged in my stash by now...
HLT said... (12/1/08 12:02 PM) Reply
Very nice job with this pattern. The welt trim and piping is a cute touch.
nglalala said... (12/1/08 10:44 AM) Reply
Wow! They look awesome! Great review!
cindyann said... (12/1/08 9:41 AM) Reply
Glad to see another shortie had success with these pants. I've had this pattern for a while. Yours look fantastic so I may have to give them a try.
Danvillegirl said... (12/1/08 5:22 AM) Reply
Great fitting and very cute on you pants. Truly helpful review.
frame said... (11/30/08 8:02 PM) Reply
Your pants look great. I love the contrast fabric.
kasizzle said... (11/30/08 7:55 PM) Reply
Love the contrast you used. They look great on you!
sewbehind said... (11/30/08 5:50 PM) Reply
Nice photography! Love the pants.
Christas said... (11/30/08 3:46 PM) Reply
These are REALLY cute! I love what you did with the welt pockets... the contrast is really nice! Excellent fit.
Twinset said... (11/30/08 12:59 PM) Reply
It's easy to see why you are so VERY pleased with the fit of those pants - they look FANTASTIC! Thanks for the review and the tips!
nellc said... (11/30/08 11:48 AM) Reply
Great looking trousers, the fit is very flattering and you made a great job of the welt pockets.
michellep74 said... (11/30/08 11:46 AM) Reply
Great looking pair of pants and a great fit! Good to know that this pattern will work for a shortie like me!
Maggie Cat said... (11/30/08 11:13 AM) Reply
Very cute! The pockets are a nice touch.
puertoswegian said... (11/30/08 10:22 AM) Reply
These look amazing! You've motivated me to try my first pair of pants...
DaisyEsq said... (11/30/08 10:04 AM) Reply
These pants look great on you. Well done!
CShelley said... (11/30/08 9:59 AM) Reply
Another hobbit here...5'1"...it's encouraging to see such good results in a pant on a short person. Great job on the excellent fit.
ladylola said... (11/30/08 9:37 AM) Reply
Wow! I love your pants! Very good job, great fabric choice. I have made this pattern and like the result too. You inspire me to make another pair!
Beek said... (11/30/08 8:50 AM) Reply
Great looking pants. They look much nicer than your typical "jeans" and they fit wonderfully.
Michelle L said... (11/30/08 8:27 AM) Reply
I have a pair cut an ready to go, thank you for the great review. Yours look great on you!!!
piffle said... (11/30/08 7:09 AM) Reply
This is a great review (and you look fantastic in your new pants). I am also 5'2" and descended from hobbits. I think I will give these pants a try.

by: divabuddha