Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 10-2008-133 (Men's hoodie)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:12/1/08 9:28 PM
Last Updated:12/8/08 9:21 AM

Hilary said... (10/5/09 3:14 PM) Reply
That is a really nice looking jacket! thanks for the detailed photos~very helpful!
kerrynw said... (12/31/08 5:42 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket! I'm sure your son will LOVE it.
Sandil said... (12/10/08 8:42 PM) Reply
Looks great!! He'll love it, it was such cozy fabric... very stylish!
carolynw said... (12/9/08 9:55 AM) Reply
Very nice work Kay! Good idea on the facings to reduce bulk.
Karla Kizer said... (12/9/08 7:21 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket. The details make all the difference, and you worked out some of the problems for us.
Re Becca said... (12/8/08 11:34 PM) Reply
That looks so warm! He looks so thrilled to be wearing it!
crisford said... (12/8/08 11:40 AM) Reply
I was about to go to work on this jacket! Thanks for the tips on all those facings! I think the main problem with facings is when you put the garment on, you then have to spend some time tucking the facings in place. Guys do not do that--half the time, they forget to check their collars. But you did very nice work on this. Your jacket looks beautiful.
MissCelie said... (12/8/08 11:12 AM) Reply
It's VERY nice looking. Great jacket!
JEF said... (12/8/08 9:27 AM) Reply
Gorgeous
Seaspur said... (12/7/08 3:40 PM) Reply
What a fabulous looking hoodie!. Do you thing it would be possible to do away with the facings altogether?
MichelleE said... (12/2/08 9:23 PM) Reply
Your result looks great!! I think all the facings would be uncomfortable to wear, which defeats the purpose of a sweatshirt! Great workaround! Why does BWOF tend to complicate things, anyway? I mean seriously, who wants that much facing in a hoodie?!?
Christas said... (12/2/08 5:49 PM) Reply
Wow! You did a great job on this ... looks so nice!
kellyt said... (12/2/08 12:07 PM) Reply
WOW! That is a very stylish looking hoodie! I love the detailing on this, it really takes the hoodie concept up a notch! Your tips are great too. Thanks for the review. Sew on!
Mahler said... (12/2/08 10:33 AM) Reply
Oh la la, sounds like I would get mixed up assembling this ! The result is excellent though. All those facings gave you trouble but the final results is nice and sleek inside and outside.
Johanna Lu said... (12/2/08 8:07 AM) Reply
The jacket looks great and thank you for the great review. I plan to make this for my BF in the future, and your advice on eliminating the bulky facings was very helpful. I think this is a pretty common fault with Burda, they love adding huge facings to their their stuff.
marjenann said... (12/2/08 7:48 AM) Reply
Wow, Kay! That is one awesome jacket! Great tip on the facings!!!
Fran G said... (12/2/08 7:28 AM) Reply
This looks wonderful, Kay! Actually, it looks perfect! Great solution to the extra bulky facings. Thanks for the review. I am too selfish with my time to sew anything for my husband but I love to sew for my daughter!!!
Fairy_Tinkerbell said... (12/2/08 3:14 AM) Reply
Great job! I like your jacket very much!
sewtime said... (12/1/08 11:15 PM) Reply
Wow, you did a fantastic job!!
cabinbaby said... (12/1/08 11:11 PM) Reply
Wow, that is a lot of facings. Thanks for the review on this!
michellep74 said... (12/1/08 10:53 PM) Reply
I agree--the facings on this one were ridiculously bulky. I'm planning to make up the other sweatshirt/jacket out of this issue this winter, and I may follow your lead to find a workaround for the overzealous facingness with that one.

You Sew Girl 100mm Shell Purse Pattern