Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3123 (Men's jacket)

Reviewed by:michellep74

About michellep74starstarstar
WA United States
Member since: 7/19/07
Posted on:12/1/08 11:34 PM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets
Sheila457 said... (12/4/08 3:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. Dh has asked me several times to make him a jacket and seriously didn't think there was anything out there. He loves lumber jackets and I think this style would work closely. Great Jacket.
CynthiaSue said... (12/3/08 1:52 PM) Reply
how fantastic. a jacket for hubby!! all the topstitching so worth it!
Heatherrique said... (12/2/08 11:09 PM) Reply
Fabulous Eddie Bauer-ish jacket on David! I could tell he really adores the jacket and appreciates the time and effort you put into it! BTW: I love the cap!
frame said... (12/2/08 8:52 PM) Reply
You did a great job. It looks terrific.
sewtime said... (12/2/08 7:02 PM) Reply
Your sweetie looks very nice in his jacket! Great job!
Olivia Sews said... (12/2/08 6:09 PM) Reply
Nice job and great jacket. I added this pattern to my wish list. My DH is another XXL'er and I'm really glad Kwik Sew makes this size!!
Christas said... (12/2/08 5:42 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket! Looks GREAT!
michellep74 said... (12/2/08 4:59 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I'm really, really happy with how this turned out--it's probably one of my favorite things I've ever made.
Sherril Miller said... (12/2/08 4:33 PM) Reply

snapdragonfly said... (12/2/08 1:05 PM) Reply
Brilliant review, thanks.
Luckylibbet said... (12/2/08 11:55 AM) Reply
Absolutely terrific jacket, and such a professional sewing job! David is one lucky man!
Karen6790 said... (12/2/08 10:05 AM) Reply
Great jacket, and what a lucky guy to have you to sew for them. He'll be spoiled soon with custom-made clothes! Thanks for the heads-up on this pattern because I think mine is about to graduate from shirts to outerwear and this looks like a great place for me to start.
Rosebeee said... (12/2/08 9:52 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket!!
Sherril Miller said... (12/2/08 9:45 AM) Reply
Lucky David. Does that man know what he's getting marrying you? I hope he appreciates all your work cuz that jacket turned out fantastic.
Hilary said... (12/2/08 9:34 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this! I have this in stash and my DH is also 6'2" with a broad back~good to know what alterations were and weren't needed. I am surprised about the lack of adding length! I always have to add length to KS for my DH, so that's good to know. The coat looks *great* and should be very warm in wool!
Riesie said... (12/2/08 9:24 AM) Reply
Great jacket. Your work is always terrific. My husband is built like your David (though not as tall) and I was looking for a jacket pattern for him, so it's like you read my mind, LOL!! And thanks for the link to the full abdomen adjustment - so logical when you see it, and yet I never thought of doing it that way.
dbsewer said... (12/2/08 8:11 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket. I've been looking for patterns for my nephew who's measurements fit the XXL on KS so I'm glad to see how well they go together. You did a wonderful job and I agree, the fabric is gorgeous.
ITAdmin said... (12/2/08 8:05 AM) Reply
Nice job! I especially like the contrast pockets.
craftygamma said... (12/2/08 7:49 AM) Reply
Great jacket & lucky hubby!
PatM said... (12/2/08 0:58 AM) Reply
The jacket looks great on David. The pattern has some challenging parts, like the welt pockets in the seam, but the KS instructions and diagrams are clear. Many ment's patterns have lots of topstitching, would it be worthwhile getting a special machine foot for topstitching? Great jacket!!
Leora said... (12/2/08 0:09 AM) Reply
Wow, you really did a great job! I bet he really likes it!!
mastdenman said... (12/1/08 11:47 PM) Reply