Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Won Ton Blouse (Won Ton Blouse)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:9/26/03 2:11 AM
Last Updated:9/27/03 2:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Edina said... (4/7/04 6:45 PM) Reply
I have made this top too. It is quite becoming. I agree the v-neck was more difficult than I anticipated and the pattern was marked incorrectly at the neck. It is a very comfortable top but you need to wear a camisol underneath because you can see in the arm holes!
kathi s said... (2/7/04 6:12 PM) Reply
Ann, I have just bought a beautiful piece of Japanese shantung-like light cotton at a quilt show with the aim of making it into the Won Ton blouse. I have only just enough for the blouse (I hope!) and so am trying to avoid problems. You mentioned that the zipper was hard to put in and that perhaps it would be better to use a shorter zipper. About how long would you recommend? I am 5'4" and full bust measurement is 38" grading out to 26+" at waist. Any other pitfalls other than the ones you mentioned? Thanks so much for all your excellent reviews!
Ann Smith said... (10/18/03 11:17 AM) Reply
Leslie: If you use a fabric that is low in contrast with your skirt or pants it should look great. Because the blouse "blouses" it softens the line.
Leslie Bonner said... (10/17/03 10:16 AM) Reply
Ann, Really enjoyed looking at your beautiful projects. I loved the Won Ton blouse. I am wondering if the horizontal just below waistline of this blouse will accentuate my ample hips.
LaVonne Schulze said... (10/8/03 3:52 PM) Reply
I am going to make this blouse from beautiful hand-dyed silk. Comments most useful.
Ann Smith said... (9/28/03 0:31 AM) Reply
Tee Jay: that is.... without opening the zipper.
Ann Smith said... (9/28/03 0:28 AM) Reply
Tee Jay: definitely. I was wishing I had done that after the fussing over the zipper. I can almost get it off with opening the zipper...it just hangs up a bit on my bosum so you might try it before doing anything. Just pin, maybe it will go over your head. I would also change the order slightly and attach the band before sewing the right side seam. That way you can try on before topstitching and adjust both sides equally for size.
Tee Jay said... (9/27/03 11:50 PM) Reply
I am allergic to zippers at this time, do you think lapping the band over and closing with a button , maybe with snaps up higher would do?
Ann Smith said... (9/27/03 7:09 PM) Reply
Karmeng, very comfortable. The sleeves are quite wide but are long enough so one's undergarments aren't exposed. I think because it is slightly fitted at the high hip/waist area it stays put nicely.
KarmenG said... (9/27/03 6:03 PM) Reply
Ann - Does the blouse feel good on? Sometimes those type of sleeves reduce arm movement; or the garment doesn't stay put on the shoulders - is you comfortable to wear?
Georgene said... (9/27/03 2:40 PM) Reply
Ann, I saw this pattern in an ad in Threads. It looks much better on you than their line drawing! Looks like it could be a very versatile pattern for you.
Skymom said... (9/26/03 7:30 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, Ann. This is an interesting pattern--the neckline in particular (though obviously not a straightforward application) is really flattering.
Gigi Louis said... (9/26/03 7:24 AM) Reply
Ann, when I saw that the WonTon had been reviewed I knew it would be by you! Another fabulous garment - I have been looking at this pattern for awhile.
Lisa Laree said... (9/26/03 7:21 AM) Reply
Very pretty! Great fabric for the pattern, even if it was !!! to sew!
jlg said... (9/26/03 5:33 AM) Reply
Ann, that looks beautiful on you. You did a much better job than I was able to do with this pattern.
els said... (9/26/03 2:22 AM) Reply
Ann you did it again, another great outfit. Beautiful fabric for the won ton blouse.

by: chesneykat