Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 7635 (Aline dress from 1968)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:12/7/08 2:23 PM

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Karen8320 said... (1/26/09 7:44 PM) Reply
Louella, you look great in this style of dress and well done on losing a bit of weight. Who cares about Jessica Alba? I'm sure she knows nothing about sewing and certainly not as much as you. You are a REAL woman, you have a FABULOUS personality and you always look great in your lovely creations. This pattern would look great in other fabrics. Well done!
shesflipped said... (12/9/08 9:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, very flattering on you! I enjoyed your link to 1968~what a great music year...the Bee Gees's were so cute! Enjoy wearing your dress, it's a very festive color which looks fabulous on you!
Christas said... (12/8/08 6:26 PM) Reply
Your dress turned out so nice! I have this pattern and was thrilled to see your review. Yours looks GREAT!
kim*brown said... (12/8/08 2:22 PM) Reply
Very nice!! Adorable little girl too!
pterion said... (12/8/08 1:31 PM) Reply
This cute dress looks great on you! I'm inspired to comb through my MIL's pattern stash to see if I can find this one!
katlew03 said... (12/7/08 11:22 PM) Reply
When ITAdmin mentioned the scallops, I checked the pattern picture. Sure enough, I made this dress with scallops in 1968 out of bright yellow linen. It's funny, but I was thinking about that dress a few days ago, and now you post another version of it. Strange things happen. Anyway, love the dress, it was a favorite. You look great in yours.
Twinset said... (12/7/08 10:08 PM) Reply
This is a great look on you and red is definitely a color made for you!
Beek said... (12/7/08 7:50 PM) Reply
Congratulations! You look great in your red dress!
Annette1 said... (12/7/08 7:00 PM) Reply
Well, I can certainly see why this is such a popular pattern. This dress looks SO nice on you AND very flattering, I might add, even with the buckaroo fabric from le Wal Marche! (By the way, I didn't know ITY knits were flattering and forgiving, or I would have replaced everything in my sewing room with ITY!) I can just see this dress made up in so many different fabrics, and every one of them would look great! Heather's little outfit is SO cute, too! I can't get over y'all standing there in short sleeves and sandals. It's 34 degrees here, and that's actually the high spot for the week. :o) Beautiful dress!
HLT said... (12/7/08 6:14 PM) Reply
It's so groovy baby! LOL! Love vintage patterns. Good update!
ITAdmin said... (12/7/08 5:24 PM) Reply
You may not believe it, but I had a dress made from this pattern in 1968. I was in 9th grade and thought it was the cutest dress ever. Mine was red as well, but it was the view with the scalloped neckline and hem. One of my classmates had a dress from a similar pattern with long scalloped "bell" sleeves. Yours is really cute; thanks for the memories.
Mahogany Stylist said... (12/7/08 4:24 PM) Reply
Cute dress! Heather is adorable.
marec said... (12/7/08 3:38 PM) Reply
I really like this dress-thanks for the trip down memory lane. I even had a pink paisley A line very similar to this pattern in the late 60s. gack, I wore it with white boots! Again, a cute look for you-keep focusing on your beautiful face and figure, not Jessica Alba!! :-)
Meggie LuLu said... (12/7/08 3:37 PM) Reply
I have this pattern!!! My grandma recently gave me this pattern!!! HOW FUNNY!!! I just LOVE your dress!!! It is just FABULOUS!!!
persevering said... (12/7/08 3:30 PM) Reply
Congratulations on losing a few pounds and looking so good in this dress. You've figured out what works for you! Keep doing it. (It took me about 6 years to lose an average of 6 pounds a year - and I am maintaining it the same way I lost it - physical activity that works for me (swimming, biking, walking) and NO junk food (no processed foods, healthy diet). I'm a 56 year old mother with 2 kids, 35 & 29, and have to work hard at everything.
Riordan said... (12/7/08 3:03 PM) Reply
Dress is very cute!! (I remember this original pattern from my early 20's--gulp!) You and your daughter look wonderful--dress shows your great legs, too!
Michelle L said... (12/7/08 2:41 PM) Reply
Very cute!! I love the pattern, and with or without the scallops it is adorable!
Em's Summer said... (12/7/08 2:37 PM) Reply
What a great dress! And even if Hollywood types get their thin figures back quickly, what they go though to get there is not worth it. I'd rather eat and be happy at a normal size than starve, work out like crazy and be thin. You're normal size and look great in that dress!

Quiltsmart Maple Island Quilts