Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1637 (Party Jacket)

Reviewed by:Re Becca

About Re Beccastarstarstar
Member since: 9/12/05
Posted on:12/10/08 10:13 AM

Other Projects by Re Becca using this Pattern

One Off said... (3/27/09 6:00 PM) Reply
I am just starting this jacket, taking measurements etc. Does the pattern require shoulder pads? The shoulder seam is so narrow so I think not. What did you do at the shoulder?
sewtime said... (12/29/08 3:04 PM) Reply
You look so pretty!! Love your jacket!
Heatherrique said... (12/13/08 9:46 AM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful and impressive jacket, Rebecca! All your time, work, and ingenuity produced a superbly tailored jacket!
Karine said... (12/11/08 8:41 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! Your review was so very helpful with all of the explanations and photos. Thanks!
Peggy L said... (12/11/08 7:08 AM) Reply
This looks wonderful on you! Great job. It looks like you two are having a great time at the party. Happy Holidays! Maybe I'll get brave and try a Marfy one of these days.
Kay Y said... (12/10/08 5:10 PM) Reply
Yes, please! Photos!! I would love to see more details of your jacket and the top!! They look absolutely fabulous.
LindsayT said... (12/10/08 5:03 PM) Reply
Ditto what DVMCindy says: more photos! It looks fabulous from what I can see.
CynthiaSue said... (12/10/08 4:29 PM) Reply
this is astounding!! more pictures! more pictures! your fabric pick is really perfect! thank you for sewing with us!! now will you start another so you can stay in our sew-along?:)
michellep74 said... (12/10/08 1:06 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket! I love it!
bananaoil said... (12/10/08 12:51 PM) Reply
Thank you very much for this review. I think the pic. of you and your DH is great, looks like you're having a good time. I appreciate your review of the pattern because frankly, though I've been sewing forever, those Marfy patterns scare the cookies out of me. Your jacket looks good on you, I especially like the lining.
Rhoda K said... (12/10/08 12:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and great review!
Christina Sonja said... (12/10/08 12:39 PM) Reply
You know, I was going to say that fabric/style combination looks very Tracy Reese - well Nanette Lepore is pretty much her twin! I am loving how this turned out - I can see why you are addicted to Marfy!
Beryl said... (12/10/08 11:54 AM) Reply
You look great in this jacket. It looks like you're having a good time, too. I'm inspired to order it for summer.
Teri said... (12/10/08 11:45 AM) Reply
Great jacket and bravo for you to tackle a Marfy. The pay off was big!
Nancy K said... (12/10/08 11:13 AM) Reply
Fantastic! I really like the style of this jacket and it is a great match for the fabric. Great, useful review.

Understanding Wool Fabrics