Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7277 (Wrap Halter Dress)

Reviewed by:monahan

About monahanstar
SC USA
Member since: 7/9/03
Posted on:9/29/03 10:50 AM
Last Updated:9/29/03 11:03 AM

venetus said... (4/2/07 10:38 AM) Reply
I loved your choice of fabric! It looks great on you!
Annette H said... (3/8/04 6:00 AM) Reply
This is a stunner - wear it to the Oscars!
Katharine in BXL said... (9/30/03 11:05 AM) Reply
Monahan, just like everyone else I ddidn't see any construction flaws! It's a beautiful dress. Your tub photo has inspired me to give the candle holder to D(almost)MIL, who takes candlelight baths with a book every night. Ahh! Thanks for an unwitting tip. :)
monahan said... (9/30/03 9:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. Tee Jay, this is a very simple pattern (Rated Very Easy on the pattern). Bet you'd have no problem with it.
Marita Kinnula said... (9/30/03 1:24 AM) Reply
Monahan you look absolutely gorgeous! A very beautiful gown, we tend to see our own mistakes 'cos we deal with them , but I'm pretty sure noone else did, you looked so stunning, congrats!!!!!
CarolynGM said... (9/29/03 5:49 PM) Reply
Very impressive bathtub acrobatics! I appreciate the lengths you went to allow your fellow sewists to view your creation. The dress is lovely, and the red under white gives a very nice effect. Georgene, I think there may also be a slight resemblance to Venus de Milo as well -- no head, no arms!
Tee Jay said... (9/29/03 5:43 PM) Reply
I am so stupid sometimes, when I first saw the pic I thought, why would you stand in a tub for a picture? I always grab a family member, so haven't done the mirror for self-portrait trick yet. I think the dress looks great, rather va-va-va-voomish don't you think? Lovely buttons at the waist. Hope you had a good time at the event. This dress is far more advanced than I could try.
Georgene said... (9/29/03 2:33 PM) Reply
I just had to note the pose similar to the Winged Victory af Samothraki statue in the Louvre Museum, Paris....a great acheivement on the edge of the tub!
Ann B. said... (9/29/03 2:26 PM) Reply
It's a beautiful, nicely fitted dress monahan. I agree with Eva, don't be too hard on yourself. I for one like the rubber duckie companion.
AnneM said... (9/29/03 1:56 PM) Reply
I love the photo - and the candles in the bath! As for the dress, it does look lovely and luckily most people don't notice the contruction details.
Evatgirl73 said... (9/29/03 1:44 PM) Reply
What a pretty dress! It looks like it fits you really well, I can't notice the flaws you see... but we are all our toughest critics. It looks really nice!!
Skymom said... (9/29/03 12:53 PM) Reply
You look great in the dress, and I really enjoyed the edge-of-the-tub photo. I usually stand on the toilet lid to get a good full=length view of my creations. We sure are glamourous!
monahan said... (9/29/03 12:38 PM) Reply
Thanks, Georgene. I'll try to get a photo from the ball to post.
Georgene said... (9/29/03 12:16 PM) Reply
It must have been great with the matching wrap and bag that you reviewed previously! Do you have a photo with you all dolled up in the whole ensemble? I'm sure no one else noticed the fitting flaws that were so apparent to you, as the effect is quite wonderful.

Other imagine gnats