Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2817 ( Child and Girl Snow White and)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:12/26/08 11:05 AM
Last Updated:12/26/08 11:30 AM

See other patterns in this category: Costumes
JoHall said... (11/15/11 9:26 PM) Reply
I am making this pattern for my niece for christmas - and other dresses, hence the early start! Thank you so much for your thorough review. I fully intend on using most of your mentioned changes, and I'm so glad I read this before cutting out the fabric so that I know to cut the skirt puffs larger. I'm glad my cat is "vacationing" at my parents house for a few months! He would be all over this project messing everything up!
Mel.J said... (12/13/09 0:45 AM) Reply
Thanks Leslie, I'm working on this dress for Christmas (last minute request, of course) & your tips will be very useful.
tchr2dy said... (4/22/09 11:11 PM) Reply
Leslie, I've enjoyed reading your reviews and watching you grow with your sewing experiences! You go girl!
Stacy Sews said... (12/30/08 8:55 PM) Reply
It turned out so beautiful - all your changes and extra work paid off. Your niece makes a beautiful Cinderella!
KarmenG said... (12/28/08 12:57 PM) Reply
Just adorable. Little girls love to dress up any time of year and she'll have fun with this. Being a little large is fine because it'll be a staple for this little princess for a long time.
Maychi said... (12/27/08 9:14 AM) Reply
Very cute! Your niece is one lucky girl! And Charlie is too cute.
Ody said... (12/27/08 2:11 AM) Reply
I think your dress you made for your niece came out darling. I made the Snow White for my dd, Abby, and I can agree with everything you said about the technique sewing these dresses from this pattern. I also upgraded the techniques, and agree it ran large. The nice thing about this pattern is that the little girl absolutely love the princess dresses, and if you look at the ones in the store, the ones we made are sooooo much better. These little girls can actually play in them without them falling apart. Thanks for the great review, and BTW, I love the cat!!! What a riot!!! Everyone should have the obligatory sewing room cat---don't you think???
MelissaB in WA said... (12/26/08 6:18 PM) Reply
You're the best auntie - it looks so adorable on your niece!
AmyABQ said... (12/26/08 4:00 PM) Reply
Leslie, You amaze me with your sewing talents. How adorable and such a special Auntie you are. How fun for playing dress up and pretending. The two of you look great.
CA Eisenhour said... (12/26/08 2:43 PM) Reply
Leslie, the Cinderella dress turned out simply adorable! although Haylee wasn't feeling well, you would never have known by the happiness glowing in her beautiful little face. Looks like Aunt Leslie made this an everlasting Christmas memory for Haylee.
Heatherrique said... (12/26/08 1:40 PM) Reply
Such a darling and charming princess in her new dashing gown!
blue mooney said... (12/26/08 12:13 PM) Reply
What a happy little girl!! You are the coolest auntie. Maybe it's actually OK that the dress is a little large - she can play princess for a long time and still fit into her gown!
bluenines said... (12/26/08 11:33 AM) Reply
very cute , you are a wonderful aunt, and as for "who" I also have to pattern helpers who make the process sooo much fun! lol

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns