Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2006-13 (Basic Pants)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:12/27/08 2:33 AM
Last Updated:12/27/08 2:49 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

sewmanygirls said... (3/3/09 7:24 AM) Reply
The pants look wonderful on you.
Karen8320 said... (1/27/09 1:02 AM) Reply
Annette, what a fabulous pair of pants these are! The fit looks great and those pressed creases give them a really sharp and stylish look. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that waistband. It's position looks to be perfect. Impressive work and these look great on you!
Obrooks770 said... (12/28/08 9:07 PM) Reply
Awesome review, thanks for the detail! I love the pants on you, the fit looks great on you. Nice job! I have yet to trace & sew a pattern, that's on my list for 2009.
Diane E said... (12/28/08 11:44 AM) Reply
Annette, these pants are gorgeous and fit you so beautifully. Thank you for your joyous and detailed review!
Diane333 said... (12/28/08 11:08 AM) Reply
they look great on you and beautifully done
angie.a said... (12/28/08 11:02 AM) Reply
Annette these are fabulous!! I need to get my tracing out and do a muslin. I've been procrastinating because pants are usually a huge disappointment to me. But yours are fabulous! Edit to say...can I say fabulous one more time? :P
kellymailinglist said... (12/28/08 8:59 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for such a thorough review, including the Ottobre tour. Your pants are absolutely terrific and your review makes it seem possible for newbies such as myself to try Ottobre or Burda WoF!
Rustybobn said... (12/28/08 8:39 AM) Reply
Enjoyed your review. Thanks! Too bad the striped pants didn't work out.
cmarie12 said... (12/27/08 10:09 PM) Reply
I love these pants on you! Fabulous!
janet said... (12/27/08 7:38 PM) Reply
You look absolutely fabulous! Keep those Ottobre pants coming...
Izzie said... (12/27/08 3:46 PM) Reply
Nice looking pants! I think the model's pants look wider because her legs are shorter than yours...the style looks much better on you.
Karendee said... (12/27/08 3:43 PM) Reply
Great! You have finally sewn something for yourself; I was about to have A1 pattern review withdrawal. Anyway, the pants look great and I'm impressed with the tracing. I've had BWOF for 8 months and Ottobre's last issue, but I've never traced off a pattern. Perhaps I'll try one soon. This pattern is a great one and the pants are quite smart looking. Thanks for the good review.
Sigrid. said... (12/27/08 1:37 PM) Reply
Great pair of pants. I know the Ottobre patterns, but have not yet tried a pants pattern. You convinced me to do that in the near future.
Vintage Joan said... (12/27/08 12:28 PM) Reply
These are great!! Wonderful review, and hey, I know what you mean about those dotty mirrors! :D Thanks, too, for the very helpful tip about writing all the flat measurements on the pattern.
gatorgirl4325 said... (12/27/08 11:28 AM) Reply
I love Ottobre - but haven't tried any pants. I think I may have to now. Thanks for all the excellent info on your construction and I just think your pants are fabulous!
TC Sew What said... (12/27/08 11:22 AM) Reply
I think you will like the lower contoured waistband once you get used to it. I think it looks very good on you. I was reluctant to try it until some younger friends pushed me. I think it is flattering if you get it right- and you did. Great job with the pants!
QuiltersFan said... (12/27/08 11:20 AM) Reply
Great looking and fitting pants. Nice review.
Grammy Gin said... (12/27/08 11:07 AM) Reply
What a great fit!!! I told you to try the Burda! I think Burda is easier to trace off than Ottobre. You did a great job. Very informative & helpful review as always. Thanks!!
annie11 said... (12/27/08 10:49 AM) Reply
What a great fitting pair of pants! Good to know about the length too! I'm going to have to try this one.
Meggie LuLu said... (12/27/08 10:27 AM) Reply
Annette, your pants look AWESOME!!! The fit is GREAT, BOTH fabrics are GREAT, EVERYTHING about these pants is just PERFECT!! You always make such PRETTY garments!! BTW, you're very welcome!! Mom and I enjoy sending you Ottobres!! AND welcome to the TRACING WORLD!!!
Dei said... (12/27/08 9:47 AM) Reply
Never have used the pattern company, but can see that they produce excellent results! Love how well you fitted the pants. The look so flattering!
Christas said... (12/27/08 9:45 AM) Reply
Annette, these turned out so nicely! I love your thorough reviews. You have been sewing up a storm and you did such a beautiful job on BOTH pairs ( I have been wanting to make just ONE pair for a long time)!
Mahler said... (12/27/08 9:09 AM) Reply
What a wonderful pair of pants !!!!!!! They look great without the pockets and your striped muslin was nice as well. Oh My ! You have been sewing lately !!!
tomed said... (12/27/08 9:05 AM) Reply
Extremely helpful review and lovely pants! Thanks so much - I'm sure I will refer to this review many times.
Peggy L said... (12/27/08 7:10 AM) Reply
Great review and wonderful pants. I bought my first Ottobre a few months ago so you've encouraged me to get it out.
2BSewing said... (12/27/08 6:21 AM) Reply
Wow!! Beautiful pants. The fit is perfect. You are a great enabler...I need to check out OTTOBRE. LOL!!!...about not reading the general instructions. I did the same with my first BWOF garment. I had a light-bulb moment, thinking I figured out the "mapping" on my own. Duh...general information...located at the beginning of the instructions. I think I'm wired like that. Just sew it, then read the instructions later. Great review and thanks for including the many detailed pictures.

StyleArc Barb's Stretch Pant