Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2005-122 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:blue mooney

About blue mooneystarstarstar
Member since: 12/21/02
Posted on:12/30/08 10:44 AM
Last Updated:12/30/08 12:11 PM

Heatherrique said... (1/1/09 1:34 PM) Reply
Mesmerizing jacket! Wonderfully crafted!
nancy2001 said... (1/1/09 8:03 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. Looks like a million bucks.
BettyMike said... (12/31/08 1:04 PM) Reply
Robyn, What a beautiful jacket. I think you make the greatest jackets! Thanks for the very helpful review. and Happy 2009 to you too!
Obrooks770 said... (12/31/08 12:06 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket, I really like it in this fabric!
Peggy L said... (12/31/08 11:09 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! You did a fabulous job on this. Wonderful review as well. Thanks for all the links to the techniques you used.
Kay Y said... (12/31/08 9:55 AM) Reply
I didn't check the link to the thread re the buttonholes yesterday but did just now and that's not it - I posted my comment in a thread called "Threads Magazine - current issue". Click Here for the link to the bound buttonhole method pictures.
Fran G said... (12/31/08 7:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket..I love the fabric, bold but not too bold! Great BWOF styling; the half collar stand and "proto lapels!" This link to Best Buttonholes brings me to a PR sale of Kenneth Kings book...is Kayethod in there? Thanks for the review!
kerrynw said... (12/31/08 5:40 AM) Reply
I love your jacket! It looks very smart.
Kay Y said... (12/30/08 8:08 PM) Reply
Gosh Blue Mooney, it's nice to see this jacket made up again. Nice pockets! So glad you found the buttonhole instructions to your liking. Share the knowledge, I say!
Winifred said... (12/30/08 7:34 PM) Reply
Wonderful - fabulous.Great matching of the pattern - WOW !!!
Becky Coleman said... (12/30/08 6:30 PM) Reply
I've never made this jacket, but I've certainly thought about doing so. What a lovely version this is. Great work.
Vonnevo said... (12/30/08 6:27 PM) Reply
Fabulous !!
Beek said... (12/30/08 4:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! I like the shortened look you've created and that fabric is fun!
Nancy K said... (12/30/08 3:47 PM) Reply
Terrific jacket! I remember the knit top under this, but not the jacket. You've made it memorable. I love your changes and those really great welt pockets!
Re Becca said... (12/30/08 2:04 PM) Reply
I really like the shape of the collar, and those standout welt pockets! and the shorter length... Isn't Kay Y the greatest!
marec said... (12/30/08 12:36 PM) Reply
This is so sharp!
Karendee said... (12/30/08 12:21 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket!
blue mooney said... (12/30/08 12:12 PM) Reply
ruth219, I put a link in the review to Ann Rowley's welt pocket tutorial. There are LOTS of steps, but the results are great. Thanks, everyone for the nice comments!
Amanda S. said... (12/30/08 12:10 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous! I love the fabric, the contrasting welts, the design. Great job!
ruth219 said... (12/30/08 11:53 AM) Reply
how did you learn to do welt pockets? it's on my to learn list this year. the ones i make are completely unpredictable and a mess. your jacket looks great, and i love the idea of using different fabric for the welts.
figtree said... (12/30/08 11:32 AM) Reply
Very nicely made jacket, I can see why you would want more than one. I wonder if i have this issue?
Nancywin said... (12/30/08 11:31 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket! I love the contrast of the welt pockets - it really makes it look special!
Mahler said... (12/30/08 11:31 AM) Reply
What a wonderful jacket !!! Your are so skillful. The fabric is gorgeous and so original.
Christas said... (12/30/08 11:12 AM) Reply
Very stylish jacket. The fabric is such a wonderful choice!
Dei said... (12/30/08 10:54 AM) Reply
Fantastic. Your alterations look great and the fabric is killer!
Sigrid. said... (12/30/08 10:49 AM) Reply
Beautiful, the fabric is a very good choice for a jacket like this. Love the welt pockets.

Popolok Design LuLu dress

by: newmama

by: MrsCharism...

SewBaby Quick and Comfy Dresses Pattern

SewBaby Quick and Comfy Dresses Pattern

Sew Chic Pendleton Dress Pattern (ln8002)

Sew Chic Pendleton Dress Pattern (ln8002)