Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3536 (Misses Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:CrescentaLuna

See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

PrairieTides said... (1/1/09 6:13 PM) Reply
It's very interesting to read your review as I just sewed this top last night and today, but haven't put up my review yet. I'm tall and long-torsoed, and I made the top one or two sizes smaller, and the top works on me. But I do agree that the area of shirring needs to be longer.
Tiner W said... (12/31/08 2:07 PM) Reply
Great review! I like the top. I have similar fitting issues to you--narrow and short!
Catbird said... (12/31/08 12:32 PM) Reply
Thank you for all the detail you put into your review. I have this pattern in my stash waiting for its day in the sun, so this will be so helpful to me when I decide to work with it. I like the color and drape of your fabric and admire the ingenuity you showed when the going got tough!
michellep74 said... (12/31/08 12:24 PM) Reply
Thanks for the very helpful review! What a pain, but at least you got a cute top out of it!
CrescentaLuna said... (12/31/08 1:13 AM) Reply
Hi gelbean, I just saw your review! Unfortunately, I sewed this up back in September, when most reviews were of the C view, so I had no guidance for this one -- I wish I'd been a better citizen and reviewed it back then! Anyway, I hear you about not loving the top, but hey, you DO look cute in it, at least!
Gelbean said... (12/30/08 11:48 PM) Reply
Your top looks so much better than mine. My fabric is thicker which may be part of the problem but everything you mentioned was also true for my top (the top is way too long, the shirring is very unflattering on the hips, the neck too wide). Your top looks lovely due to all of the changes you made.

by: PattyE