Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Kinenbi Top & Pants (Hudson top and pants)

Reviewed by:Jaggs

About Jaggsstar
NC USA
Member since: 9/25/08
Posted on:1/1/09 11:19 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
Miss Fairchild said... (5/7/09 7:57 AM) Reply
I've been looking at this pattern for a while. Thank you for your thorough post, especially with the tip regarding the pattern being oversized.
Annette1 said... (1/2/09 6:19 PM) Reply
Great top! I especially like that collar. It's just the right height and seems to have nice body to it so it stands up nicely.
Jaggs said... (1/1/09 12:47 PM) Reply

Jaggs said... (1/1/09 12:40 PM) Reply
I think you might have missed understood Fuzzygalore. I did not choose the pattern to compensate for my bust measurements. I choose the pattern because I like the style. I have several oversize tops and I do just fine with them. I have narrow hips and I am tall which helps the look. Going a size smaller I think will help me with this top.
Terri K said... (1/1/09 12:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review and the sizing tips Jaggs. I love this look that works in so many fabrics and especially knits.
fuzzygalore said... (1/1/09 12:33 PM) Reply
Mmm yes, going oversize to compensate for a big bust can lead to shockingly oversize results... Do you know Debbie Cook's excellent FBA pages http://www.cedesign.com/familyphotos/sewing/info/index.html she covers everything you might possibly need, with very clear pictures. Usually if you have a large bust you look better in somewhat more fitted clothes, and with these techniques you hardly feel any pain :-).
m/m said... (1/1/09 12:09 PM) Reply
Looks good! I made this in a soft knit once and it came out huge. After I made it I heard that Linda Lee of SW said to go down one size for drapy knits. I second the cozy part!
dbsewer said... (1/1/09 12:02 PM) Reply
Cute top. Thanks for the size tip. It's tough for us bodaceously-busted gals to figure out the correct size.

by: Louweezy23