Brother
Brother

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3628 (Jackets/Blazers (Threads))

Reviewed by:Sew Shy

About Sew Shystar
Member since: 5/22/07
Posted on:1/3/09 6:40 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite
Review Rating:
Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Other Projects by Sew Shy using this Pattern

nabiki said... (8/9/16 6:53 AM) Reply
awesome job!
VictoriaR said... (1/8/09 7:51 PM) Reply
Wow, just beautiful. Great job!!!
cmarie12 said... (1/4/09 1:19 PM) Reply
What a great jacket! Loved the lining!
Linda Mae said... (1/4/09 12:59 PM) Reply
Thanks for answering my question. Guess I'll just have to try other methods when I sew with fleece.
Sew Shy said... (1/3/09 11:59 PM) Reply
In response to Linda Mae: The fleece I used isn't as thick as fleece I used for a previous project. I found that the thinner fleece didn't move around as much. Also, I used my regular machine foot.
Christas said... (1/3/09 10:21 PM) Reply
I would have never guessed that the fabric was fleece! The jacket looks wonderful and very expensive. You did a very nice job!
Nancy Rhodes said... (1/3/09 8:14 PM) Reply
Awesome! If you didn't say it was fleece, the photos look like a lovely wool melton cloth. Great job, lining is very eye catchy!
EleanorSews said... (1/3/09 8:00 PM) Reply
Wow! Who would have guessed fleece could look like that?!?!?! The top stitching is a great detail and your lining is such fun. It is very possible this pattern is hiding in my stash and if so, I know just the piece of fleece waiting for expression. This is one time I can say that a review can quite possibly be the inspiration for stash sewing ~ thanks for a very helpful and inspiring review.
Linda Mae said... (1/3/09 7:06 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on this jacket--especially the lining. Lining for me is never easy. I would like to ask if you had any problems sewing on the fleece. I made a zip front vest and the fleeced moved on me and the zipper doesn't match at the top. Did you use regular foot on your machine or walking foot? I basted before I sewed and it still moved! Any hints you can give me would be appreciated!

by: twistedang...