Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3298 (Misses Vests Vintage 1940)

Reviewed by:astrogirl

About astrogirlstar
VA USA
Member since: 8/28/06
Posted on:1/16/09 1:57 PM
Last Updated:1/23/09 5:02 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Celticred said... (11/13/15 9:00 AM) Reply
Your vest looks fabulous! And your review is helpful -- I was considering buying this pattern in a size smaller and drafting it up, but I will wait until one is available in my size or even a size larger, per your comments. I love the variations on this one, especially the assymmetrical version.
astrogirl said... (2/5/09 9:21 AM) Reply
I think this is from 1950. This is a good source for dating simplicity patterns: http://www.cemetarian.com/index.php?pr=Simplicity_History I'm not sure women were smaller, exactly, I think the clothes were just less forgiving in terms of ease. I like my clothes to fit a bit more closely, so I like vintage patterns. I love the buttons too, and I still want to make View 2 also.
Heidi Ho said... (1/24/09 1:01 AM) Reply
Cute vest!
bananaoil said... (1/23/09 9:56 PM) Reply
Looks great!
Em's Summer said... (1/23/09 6:27 PM) Reply
I love vintage patterns and this vest is really nice! You did a great job! Thanks for reviewing this pattern!
Tesla121 said... (1/23/09 5:51 PM) Reply
OMG! this is gorgeous!
Luckylibbet said... (1/17/09 12:16 PM) Reply
I love the way the buttons come into a V shape echoing the bottom hemline - about what year would you say this pattern is?
Barb in Northwoods said... (1/17/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the fabric, and the way the buttons are placed. Iusually line vests when I make them, I will have to try your idea of using french seams. Thanks so much for the exellent tip!!!
BJ1400 said... (1/16/09 5:47 PM) Reply
I really like this. Very nice.
MadMenFanlinda said... (1/16/09 3:47 PM) Reply
That's really nice. I have been afraid to use some of my vintage patterns too as I don't trust the fit. People were smaller back in the day. Looks great.

by: Kinchan