Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 11-2008-113 (Pleated top)

Reviewed by:Twinset

About Twinsetstarstarstarstar
QC Canada
Member since: 9/15/07
Posted on:5/1/10 0:16 AM
Last Updated:5/1/10 0:29 AM

Lisa p said... (1/12/11 3:53 PM) Reply
WHat a great review , I am just about to sew this top so your pattern dislikes have been very usefull.
XandraReynolds said... (9/20/10 11:50 PM) Reply
Rocking top, girlie!
Jeannine1976 said... (5/6/10 11:38 AM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous. :)
Mushywear said... (5/2/10 2:11 AM) Reply
Very nicely sewn and such a lovely fabric. Great job!
Heidi Ho said... (5/1/10 9:57 PM) Reply
Very nice top!! I would love to see a pic of the other one you made. Your style and technique alway inspire me!!!!
Paris75008 said... (5/1/10 6:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful top. Really looks great on you.
fattyboomboom said... (5/1/10 4:15 PM) Reply
Beautifully sewn blouse. Tres chic!
Barbara V said... (5/1/10 1:17 PM) Reply
Your top is beautiful especially with the black silk charmeuse. It does sound trickier than a 1 1/2 rating....I could just picture the process of coaxing the elastic through each pleat....your work is lovely.
MagpieJen said... (5/1/10 11:38 AM) Reply
I can't get over how you managed to coordinate your backdrop and accessories - great photos! The blouse is wonderful, and thank you for the detailed review on how you got this pattern to work so well!
Nancy K said... (5/1/10 10:21 AM) Reply
I remembered this when I saw the technical drawing and I agree, not impressed when I first saw this. But, on you it is fabulous! What a chic top.
Diane E said... (5/1/10 10:18 AM) Reply
Lovely top! Terrific fabric choice. Now to find this magazine......
mylittleelephant said... (5/1/10 9:58 AM) Reply
I now remember this pattern didn't quite behave how I wanted to me but obviously it did to you, and looks great on you, lovely styling too!
carolynw said... (5/1/10 9:44 AM) Reply
It's beautiful I know you put your usual hard work into this top and it shows. Simple but very elegant
Lori V said... (5/1/10 8:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful top.
ladylola said... (5/1/10 8:02 AM) Reply
Very nice! I didn't think much of this pattern either but your top makes me want to sew it now!
FreyaStark said... (5/1/10 5:30 AM) Reply
A glass of wine might have been a good idea. Anyway, it's a charming and distinctive top.
sewinfrance said... (5/1/10 4:30 AM) Reply
It looks really nice on you. I've had many problems with Burda so I'm happy for you that you made it work.
addicted2fabric said... (5/1/10 1:06 AM) Reply
This top is gorgeous and looks stunning on you. I love the pleating. I never would have thought this could be such a pretty top going by the website photo, even the line drawing isnt very inspiring. Maybe Burda should be paying you to sew and photograph their demo versions, you get much nicer results than they do!

Maggie Paper Pattern