Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2009-110 (mock wrap over top)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

Super cute top!!!
martinanne said... (1/21/09 10:44 AM) Reply
Great review!!
Heatherrique said... (1/20/09 10:00 PM) Reply
Fun and fabulous top on you! Great idea to use the foldover elastic! I think this top along with flounced top are growing in popularity! Cool blog!
daff said... (1/20/09 7:53 PM) Reply
Such a nice top! I think your layout ended up really adding to the visual interest on the front, so maybe it was good you didn't have enough fabric. :) Also, the freak FOE color matching is exactly what stashes are for! :)
QuiltSewSewSue said... (1/20/09 4:56 PM) Reply
Great top - I look forward to getting this issue!
figtree said... (1/20/09 4:01 PM) Reply
Very nice top, now i'll have to add it to my to do list. I love a couple things from this issue but i doubt i'll get to them this month. By the way, have u ever been to the lady in Lewisham Market? sometimes its a bit eh but sometimes she has VERY nice stuff, usually lots of nice knits, and i've never seen anything over 2.50/m.
Natasha B said... (1/20/09 3:51 PM) Reply
Great top and fantastic fit. I really need to get my head around FOE!
Heidi Ho said... (1/20/09 3:47 PM) Reply
Vercute I have to make this one. I love the neckline treatment with the FOE..does anyone know where you can buy that in the US?
Bonnie O said... (1/20/09 1:47 PM) Reply
Cute top!!
Deepika said... (1/20/09 1:45 PM) Reply
I love your top. I am so making this. And congratulations on making the pattern in the same month as the magazine! I too did it this month and am feeling quite proud, so I totally get this.
Elona said... (1/20/09 11:11 AM) Reply
That top looks great and does indeed fit you perfectly. I can't believe the color match on the FOE--what a happy coincidence! I also cannot believe that you're standing out on the deck of your boat in January--without a coat. H
sewtime said... (1/20/09 10:28 AM) Reply
Very cute top!!
Karen6790 said... (1/20/09 10:11 AM) Reply
Love the top, love the print. The look is great on you and congrats for making a January pattern while still in January. Doesn't always happen, does it?
cabinbaby said... (1/20/09 9:54 AM) Reply
I love that top on you and that print is spectacular.
sewme47 said... (1/20/09 9:35 AM) Reply
Your top is crazy good! I had initially passed over this pattern because of its "plunging neckline," but your idea to use FOE is wonderful. Thanks for the tip.
Nancy K said... (1/20/09 8:24 AM) Reply
I love this top! I don't think that I'll get it made before January is out, but it is on the list! It looks great on you.
Lynz said... (1/20/09 7:28 AM) Reply
That top looks lovely. It's next on my list.

by: cln