Pattern Reviews> Islander Sewing Systems> 202 (Men's Classic Sport Shirt)

Reviewed by:Joey in Katy

Last Updated:1/21/09 1:18 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts
Hilary said... (10/14/10 2:39 PM) Reply
Unfortunately the pic of your shirt isn't showing up (except for the thumbnail) so I couldn't really see it-but your review made me LOL and I appreciate all the detailed info! Thanks for a great review! Next time I watch Stargate I will see if there are any wonky yokes floating around in those alternate dimensions :D hehe
Ody said... (1/22/09 0:03 AM) Reply
I agree with JEF, and I am also a huge Margaret fan. When I get to the end of a seam and use her method to make them even, I always say---thank you Margaret. I have all her videos, but I have yet to get a pattern from them. I love your shirt and this was a wonderful review from you as usual.
quathy said... (1/21/09 7:16 PM) Reply
Great review - and hilarious! I'd love to visit that alternate universe someday!
j222b said... (1/21/09 1:45 PM) Reply
Review is "sew" helpful!
LindaCB said... (1/21/09 10:56 AM) Reply
A very nice shirt. I, too, have been curious about the Islander patterns and with this review, is now encouraged to try one of them.
kellymailinglist said... (1/21/09 10:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great, thorough review! But I think your messed-up yokes aren't popping into being in an alternate universe, unless you count my sewing room as an alternate universe! Boy, I'd really like to get my hands on one of those DVDs...
JEF said... (1/21/09 9:12 AM) Reply
I too am an Islander sewing method fan. I have the Islander shirt pattern for my husband but haven't made it yet (it's on the short list but I'm such a slow sewer even the short list takes a while!). Thanks for this review - your notes of pattern goofs will undoubtedly save folks time and frustration in the future. Have you told Islander about the pattern layout issue? They might appreciate being able to put another sticker on!
renren said... (1/21/09 7:30 AM) Reply
I like the shirt and thanks for the info on Islander--wasn't aware of the patterns or videos.
FreyaStark said... (1/21/09 2:28 AM) Reply
A handsome shirt. Well done.
michellep74 said... (1/21/09 1:30 AM) Reply
Great looking shirt! I can't believe that this is the first review of this that anyone has done--I sew for my fiance and I've been curious about the Islander patterns.

Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2010-18