Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> 000 (Table Napkins)

Reviewed by:NancyDaQ

About NancyDaQstar
NM USA
Member since: 1/12/02
Posted on:10/19/03 12:30 PM
Last Updated:4/6/04 7:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

AnneM said... (1/20/06 8:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for linking to this from the message board. I've been wondering if the quilting cotton would be soft / absorbant enough for napkins. I'll have to check out the selection! (Now I just need to convince DH to use cloth napkins... he always insists on using paper.)
G.G. said... (4/13/04 12:29 PM) Reply
nice,quick idea. brightens up a presentation at any meal. may find that fabric and make as a housewarming git for my daughter. use them as we sip ice tea or lemonade on the patio. (haha)
NancyDaQ said... (4/13/04 0:32 AM) Reply
Try making a puddle of Fray check, then using a toothpick or straight pin to apply it to the fabric. You will get better contol over the application. Besides they're only napkins (not a gift); if the Fray check messed them up to much they would have been tossed. No big loss.
JDpenelope said... (4/9/04 7:41 AM) Reply
Ooo, I like these napkins! Regarding the use of Fray check...Probably I'm more daring now, but I think I was afraid of loose , hard threads showing with sort of bunchy knots where the Fray check was used. But I think I'm getting better at it now (or am less particular!)
CyberNewt said... (4/6/04 9:10 PM) Reply
Great napkins! I am so inspired. :)
Hilary said... (4/6/04 8:07 PM) Reply
Very nice looking napkins~bright and cheery! Now that I have figured out how to do a rolled hem on my serger(my first attempts were botched) I should be able to whip out some napkins very quickly. Thanks for the review!
NancyDaQ said... (10/22/03 1:16 PM) Reply
Penelope, why are you wanting to avoid Fray check? It absorbs into the rolled edge and is not visible. I also didn't notice any scratchiness.
JDpenelope said... (10/21/03 10:39 PM) Reply
Looking forward to photos. I want to use my new serger to make Thanksgiving and Christmas napkins, with rolled hems. I have tried your tip about tapering and it works. I wish there was an alternative to using fray check on the napkins, but I guess the rolled hem would be too tight to bury the thread tail under it (using a large darning, etc needle), as one can do with serged seams.

Nancy Zieman Florida Tote Collection

by: gautrann

You Sew Girl 90mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 90mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)