Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2689 (Misses Swimsuits)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:1/25/09 0:50 AM
Last Updated:1/25/09 0:51 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear

CatMukai said... (1/29/09 1:03 AM) Reply
Hi cabinbaby! Ok, I read enough PatternReview to know your name is Dawn, but I feel like such a stalker saying that. Anyway, I wanted to thank you for your nice comment! I blushed! Iím glad you like my reviews, I like yours, too, and wish I made as many garments as you do! I am also keeping an eye out for some fabric to make an homage your purple motorcycle jacket, I love it!
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/26/09 2:10 PM) Reply
Love the fabric and your suit is FABULOUS! I hope you have the best time ever in Hawaii!! What a treat to go somewhere warm in the dead of winter!
Mufffet said... (1/26/09 1:05 PM) Reply
WOW...very nice - all I could think of was BBBrrrrr......it is so cold where I am.....
AuntieShel said... (1/25/09 8:07 PM) Reply
You look fabulous in your beautiful new suit. Have a great vacation!!
Peggy L said... (1/25/09 5:13 PM) Reply
Puhleese!!!!! I know you have three children. Something is just not fair here!!! You look adorable in your new suit! Have a great time.
Annette1 said... (1/25/09 4:22 PM) Reply
You look GREAT in your new suit! A well-fitting bathing suit is a wonderful thing, and not so easily accomplished in ready-to-wear. :o)
mendospot said... (1/25/09 2:47 PM) Reply
Nice abs! The suit is cute too.
Catbird said... (1/25/09 2:30 PM) Reply
Excellent job! It looks like you gave some thought to centering the flower motif on the top and I love the way it looks. Perfect fit on a perfect body -- have fun turning heads in Hawaii!
CrescentaLuna said... (1/25/09 1:03 PM) Reply
Hee hee, like everyone else, seeing a swimsuit I thought, "That *can't* be Cabinbaby! She's in #$% Alaska!" Terrific suit, inspirational to those of us who haven't yet attempted swimwear.
Karen6790 said... (1/25/09 11:35 AM) Reply
Wow. If that's what mother of 3 can look like, I have some friends who seriousy should not see that picture. Great swimsuit, though like everyone else I was shivering at the thought of you in Alaska wearing this even for a moment. You're going to enjoy your trip so much.
Heidi Ho said... (1/25/09 11:16 AM) Reply
Super cute! That looks great on your nice slim figure. I was wondering about that pattern now I may have to give it a try. So what sort of workout do you do when your not sewing to stay in such good shape??? Have a great time in Hawaii it looks like you will be ready with your nice new swimsuit!
okie2thdoc said... (1/25/09 9:57 AM) Reply
Hawaii here you come! Great use of the fabric and flattering fit with the adjustments. I've been wanting to make a swimsuit but wasn't sure what I'd run into. Thanks for the review.
CShelley said... (1/25/09 8:41 AM) Reply
It's 6 below here this morning but seeing your suit gives me hope that warmer days are coming. Great suit, love the color, but I'm cold just looking at you!
Elke said... (1/25/09 8:29 AM) Reply
Very cute suit and great fit! Bon Voyage.
angie.a said... (1/25/09 8:17 AM) Reply
OOh, this is so cute on you!! LOVE it.
JustTrina said... (1/25/09 8:13 AM) Reply
great suit!
renren said... (1/25/09 6:59 AM) Reply
Nice swimsuit, great fit! I saw you and felt instantly cold, knowing you are in Alaska!!! So, unless you are having a heat wave, put some clothes on, please, preferably that fabulous purple Burda top with the asymmetrical zipper. (shiver) You will look fabulous on the Hawaiian beaches or at poolside. (And no, I won't be making this; a two-piece swimsuit would not be advisable on me!!! Only if . . . it were.)
fuzzygalore said... (1/25/09 5:36 AM) Reply
Looks totally Hawaiian! And a great swimsuit is something you'll feel happy about every day there :-). Bon voyage.
Lori V said... (1/25/09 5:10 AM) Reply
Cute suit, have a great trip.
Athene said... (1/25/09 3:30 AM) Reply
That is a really nice bathingsuit. And I'm jealous of your buff body - I never had abs like you and never will - hope you have a wonderful time in Hawaii.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (1/25/09 2:54 AM) Reply
Cute togs - have a great time on your holiday!

by: Jstarr4250