Pattern Reviews> Mrs. Stylebook Magazine> 04-2002-(92/225) (Pintuck Sleeveless Top)

Reviewed by:Jali

About Jalistar
SRI LANKA
Member since: 7/2/03
Posted on:1/25/09 5:58 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Jali said... (1/26/09 3:31 AM) Reply
Thank you for the kind comments everyone. Its a nice, breezy and sunny holiday in Singapore today and I wore the top outdoors for strolling by the Singapore River. I found myself wearing it with pride in spite of its imperfections (and I am a perfectionist) preferring this to wearing mass market RTW. Its just more personal and satisfying.
AuntieShel said... (1/25/09 8:03 PM) Reply
I love your top!! It looks fabulous and you did a great job with your sloper. That takes a lot of patience. Would love to get my hands on a Mrs. Stylebook.
ALY said... (1/25/09 8:03 PM) Reply
Your blouse is lovely. Congrats on doing such a great job with the drafting after a lapse of a couple years
knitlitcamper said... (1/25/09 4:51 PM) Reply
Looks great on you, you did an excellent job.
Seaspur said... (1/25/09 12:18 PM) Reply
Cute top, very thorough review, thanks!
fuzzygalore said... (1/25/09 12:02 PM) Reply
Yes, some sort of regular print would help pintucks a lot! I second renren's advice of doing them before cutting too. Easier, and more accurate in the later steps. But might you also consider a wee adjustment for sloping shoulders? I can't remember whose shirt lately, with those same diagonal folds from the neck, elicited that unanimous advice from the peanut gallery (myself included). The MS picture does seem to have more ease, but mostly it's made in a drapier fabric, and you might have ended up with a potato sack if you'd added more ease into this fairly crisp rendition. Anyway, from what I gather of Singapore's climate, you'll be getting a lot of use out of this cute top :-)..
Jali said... (1/25/09 7:24 AM) Reply
Yes, it does seem reasonable Renren. I think the grainlines would be clearer so its possible to have straighter pintucks. Thank you very much, that's very helpful and much appreciated.
renren said... (1/25/09 6:40 AM) Reply
One thing I meant to tell you, as a way of offering help: I read just last week that it is sometimes easier to add embellishments, such as pintucks, to fabric before the pattern is cut out. Never having done this, I don't know, but it seems reasonable. Anyway, I think your top is perfect as fabricated!
renren said... (1/25/09 6:37 AM) Reply
When I saw the pintucks, I thought it was intentionally an asymmetric look, and thought they looked great. Very precise and how lucky that center-to-center measurement of the design was 1 cm. Wonder how often we get that lucky with our fabric??? Very nice detail in your top and in your review. Someone was asking about pintucks the other day; I'll point her here.

Favorite Things The Lunch Bag Pattern