Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3012 (Making History Bustle gown)

Reviewed by:Kellie R.

About Kellie R.starstar
Member since: 7/4/07
Posted on:1/25/09 5:11 PM
Last Updated:1/26/09 7:57 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
LaSiddons said... (3/7/13 2:11 PM) Reply
I was thinking of buying this pattern for a victorian ball I'm going to in September, however, I'd assumed that it would be a three part bodice, skirt, and over-skirt/train, and that it would be designed for wearing over a bustle petticoat, not with a faux bustle in the train ... very helpful to find all this out before shelling out the 40 to buy the pattern!!
Tallahasseelassie said... (12/31/10 1:31 PM) Reply
Thank you for taking the time to post your full review. I really appreciate the instructive advice for the pattern errors. You look gorgeous in your beautiful dress.
Em's Summer said... (3/10/09 10:17 AM) Reply
WOW! This is amazing!!! What a beautiful gown!
wendlesue said... (2/26/09 7:26 AM) Reply
This is such a fabulous dress! And what a great review! I can't believe I missed this when you posted it....You look amazing in the dress, and IMHO you could wear it for more than Halloween!
lotusposition said... (2/3/09 11:29 PM) Reply
Wow, it's nice to see this made in black as that is how I intend to make it one day. Hmmm, not looking forward to it now but thanks for the extensive review.
alviana said... (1/30/09 10:18 PM) Reply
WOW! Absolutely beautiful dress!!!! Love it!!!
suebbb said... (1/29/09 4:25 AM) Reply
OMG what an impressive project!! well done and congratulations on a spectacular job.
Heatherrique said... (1/27/09 8:43 AM) Reply
Impressively dazzling, Kellie! Thanks for a very helpful review!
Diane333 said... (1/26/09 9:07 PM) Reply
it's beautiful
Karen6790 said... (1/26/09 3:02 PM) Reply
I can see how a project of this magnitude became a UFO, but I'm so glad you finished it. It's an amazing piece of work and looks fabulous on you.
MamaSewing said... (1/26/09 1:39 PM) Reply
What a lot of work, it is such a unique dress and what fun for you to be able to say that you made it!
cindyann said... (1/26/09 9:03 AM) Reply
Wow! That is lovely!
renren said... (1/26/09 8:34 AM) Reply
I, too, like Annette1, am back again! Thanks for adding the rosettes tutorial because ever since you mentioned those at the UFO discussion board, I have been intrigued by them. I'm leaving your review on the screen so dd2 can look at it again before she heads off for school. It will give her something beautiful to think about during physics and pre-cal.
squirrellypoo said... (1/26/09 8:28 AM) Reply
WOW. the work you put into this is apparent in the final garment! This is museum quality!
Kellie R. said... (1/26/09 7:59 AM) Reply
Thank you all so much for your kind comments! I love making fun things, and this will definitely be fun to wear!
Primatoidefutile said... (1/26/09 5:06 AM) Reply
Whow, this looks great ! I really must get back to my victorian patterns, if the result is something like this...
merteuil said... (1/26/09 2:00 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning! I love all the fabulous details!
Annette1 said... (1/26/09 0:08 AM) Reply
Don't mind me, I'm just looking at all the pictures AGAIN. :o) That NECKLINE ...
Luckylibbet said... (1/25/09 11:12 PM) Reply
I'm speechless! Wow. WOW. Major WOW.
Deepika said... (1/25/09 9:36 PM) Reply
You know the museums we all love to go to? Your dress belongs there. It really does. I mean just look at it. WOW!!!! Will you bring it to Portland? And you look STUNNING. The fit is perfect.
Annette1 said... (1/25/09 9:29 PM) Reply
What a GREAT review. I just can't get OVER all of these EXQUISITE details you've incorporated into this dress. It's TOO NICE to be a costume! :o) I REALLY can't decide WHICH part I like the best, so I guess I just have to say THE WHOLE THING! Man, I think this would be a beautiful WEDDING DRESS too! (Okay, maybe not in BLACK, but you know what I mean.) :o) It's certainly as much WORK as a wedding dress.
mars418 said... (1/25/09 9:04 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous dress! What an accomplishment!
cdi9c said... (1/25/09 8:03 PM) Reply
Fabulous! I especially love the neckline and bottom hem trim!
AuntieShel said... (1/25/09 7:55 PM) Reply
I'm speechless!! Awestruck!! This is beyond gorgeous!! It belongs on the red carpet!!
Re Becca said... (1/25/09 6:57 PM) Reply
Stunning! I see why you spent so much time gathering and working on those rosettes. My hands hurt just thinking about it!
renren said... (1/25/09 6:28 PM) Reply
Breathtakingly beautiful! Oh, Kellie R., this was worth the wait. My 16 y.o. dd2 stood over my shoulder and admired each of your views. The rosettes are beautiful. I am in awe of this fabulous UFO which had made landing!
Stephenie said... (1/25/09 5:53 PM) Reply
Wow!! This is gorgeous!!! Congratulations on finishing this huge project!
Kbenco said... (1/25/09 5:36 PM) Reply
I love your stupendous gown. What a project!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/25/09 5:33 PM) Reply
Your costume is a meticulously crafted masterpiece. You look stunning in it. I commend you for completing your labor-intensive endeavor well before it's needed, too.
shelyH said... (1/25/09 5:22 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress! It looks awesome and you did a great job!

Jalie 2565