Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3300 (Bra)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
United Kingdom
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:1/26/09 9:44 AM
Last Updated:2/24/09 11:56 AM

See other patterns in this category: Lingerie
Sheila457 said... (5/23/11 5:16 PM) Reply
Very pretty.
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/25/09 4:47 PM) Reply
All three pieces are beautifully made. The tutorials are awesome and will most definitely help me when I start to make lingerie.
Mahler said... (2/25/09 1:38 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL. I do not know if I can find those fabrics in Canada. Wonderful !!!!!!!!
KateS said... (2/24/09 5:39 PM) Reply
Wow- fantastic bra!!! Love the colours- looks like something you would buy in an expensive boutique!
FurGal said... (2/24/09 5:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful lingerie set! Thank you for such a good review. It is appreciated.
Christas said... (2/24/09 1:12 PM) Reply
I would have never had the confidence to try making my own bras. Thanks to your wonderful review, I may have to give it a try!
Lynnelle said... (2/24/09 1:02 PM) Reply
Great bra and review! I have had this pattern for a few years now and really should look into making it. I need new bras as my current ones just don't provide enough support. Well done.
mhk3boys said... (1/27/09 10:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for the info from Sigrid and her blog, lots of info. Your bra looks awesome!
Geordie Girl said... (1/27/09 3:43 PM) Reply
Yet another one inspired. Have ordered some stuff from sewing chest today. Thanks for a great review
squirrellypoo said... (1/27/09 8:18 AM) Reply
Aww, thanks everyone! I had no idea I'd inspire so many to bra-sewing!!
nancy2001 said... (1/26/09 6:23 PM) Reply
Looks great.
21wale said... (1/26/09 5:18 PM) Reply
Incredible. I look forward to seeing your next one.
cindyann said... (1/26/09 5:14 PM) Reply
Oh I've had this pattern for a long time now but haven't gotten to it. So very glad you reviewed it.
fuzzygalore said... (1/26/09 5:10 PM) Reply
Oh, thank you! What a good idea! I too have a fair amount of good fabric, and a really burning failure to hold me back (the worse case of underwire-poking I couldn't even have imagined before). So far all I've done is contemplate patterns and measure myself into better RTW, which isn't that bad a result :-). But your toile looks fine, although if I were you I might change that elastic and wear it for hiking or something..
Catbird said... (1/26/09 4:10 PM) Reply
You might have just started a bra making revolution! I'm also inspired to give it a try. There are few things more harrowing than bra shopping, so it would be great to get a few patterns that fit and be free of RTW forever! Thanks for a fun review.
clare said... (1/26/09 3:53 PM) Reply
you've inspired me...and thanks fro the link to the sewing chest website!
Karen6790 said... (1/26/09 3:00 PM) Reply
Wow, you actually make this sound do-able. One of these days I'll work up the nerve to try. Yours turned out great, can't wait to hear about the next ones.
Markie1 said... (1/26/09 2:54 PM) Reply
Thank you for the inspiration to do something I have never even wanted to do! Never occurred to me. Now THAT'S a good review!
SewLil said... (1/26/09 2:20 PM) Reply
Excellent review and very encouraging to others to try.
jent said... (1/26/09 1:46 PM) Reply
This is a great review. I'm excited that your bra turned out so well! It makes me want to try this too!
michellep74 said... (1/26/09 1:24 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review--I took a bra making workshop last year and had a lot of success. You'll love being able to design make your own bras!
Kellie R. said... (1/26/09 9:56 AM) Reply
Wow - this is really good! I wouldn't know where to begin. I look forward to seeing the one made from "the good stuff"
Seamingly Simple said... (1/26/09 9:53 AM) Reply
Great review and highly encouraging for those of us who are put off by the thought of making something so fiddly. I hope your next one turns out really well.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns