Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5252 (MISSES/MEN'S UNLINED VEST AND)

Reviewed by:Riesie

About Riesiestar
MD United States
Member since: 1/23/08
Posted on:2/3/09 2:24 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets    Vests

Hilary said... (10/6/09 9:54 AM) Reply
Thanks, Riesie, Yes-this answers my question perfectly! I, too, am trying to use stash for this project, so I will look for some flannel also. We don't live in a *really* cold area, but DS requested it lined, so I will do my best. Thanks again for taking the time to respond (and so quickly!). I will try and do a review when finished :o) (I would have sent a PM but I am not able too)
Hilary said... (10/5/09 3:01 PM) Reply
This looks great! I am trying to figure out how to line and underline a jacket for my son-can you give any hints as to how you did it? Do you just cut the pieces out again of the lining and underlining? Thanks for any help :o)
Luckylibbet said... (2/4/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Very nice! It does indeed look super warm and comfortable. Thanks for a great review! (especially the humor, Dementors of Azkaban, LOL)
Christas said... (2/3/09 8:15 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket. Love your photograph! Great review.
Catbird said... (2/3/09 8:10 PM) Reply
This came out great and I love the picture!
Elona said... (2/3/09 7:22 PM) Reply
I do not normally use any of the Big Four patterns for fleece wear, so thank you very much for the review of this McCall's. You got an awfully fine result for your labors!
Riesie said... (2/3/09 6:33 PM) Reply
Yes, he says the jacket is very warm. We live in the Shenandoah Valley, in the northwest part of Virginia, and just got snow last night, so it was his first chance to try it out.
RLL said... (2/3/09 5:03 PM) Reply
The backdrop of your photo is stunning. The jacket looks great. He is out in the cold, sooooo, was it warm enough? I just made the same view for my DD's boyfriend using sweatshirt fleece. I too felt the sleeves were way to long. I cut off 3 inches and then did a elastic casing like you did. I DID do the IPOD pocket and like it and yes I also had to think a little on the front pocket instructions. Overall, I really like the pattern and will also make it again. My DH wants one now without the hood.
mssewcrazy said... (2/3/09 2:33 PM) Reply
I like this project and the dog as well. Lol! It is good to know the pattern is available. I would like one of these in fleece ( moderate climate here) for dog walks with the ipod pocket. Thanks for showing your zipperless coat interpretation.

by: Jemajyng

by: WistfulRid...

Islander Sewing Systems Men's City Western Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Men's City Western Shirt Pattern

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)