Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8497 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:1/28/09 9:11 PM
Last Updated:1/28/09 9:27 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Grammy Gin said... (2/24/09 11:58 AM) Reply
This outfit looks fantastic on you. The color is wonderful with your complexion. Another gorgeous outfit!
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/5/09 10:51 AM) Reply
Great looking top.
Ann Smith said... (2/1/09 4:31 PM) Reply
I can't seem to get rid of these extra posts. Sorry.
Ann Smith said... (2/1/09 4:31 PM) Reply

Ann Smith said... (2/1/09 4:30 PM) Reply
Luckylibbet, the clothing show was a display I put up at the regional quilt show held here last weekend. It occurs every other year. They have invited it me three times to display my garments. This year I invited my friend Barbara to share the space. Together we put up 20 outfits, complete with jewelry on mannequins and dressforms. Lots of fun and a great honor. Sew more photos at my blog http://annsthreads.blogspot.com/
Luckylibbet said... (1/31/09 0:55 AM) Reply
Very interesting! I have this pattern and made the gathered V-neck tee - but had decided to ditch the other options until I saw this review. And may I inquire, where were your photos taken? I know I live not THAT far away from you, and if there's a fashion exhibit out there that I have not heard of, please let me know!
Nancy K said... (1/30/09 11:16 AM) Reply
Love this on you! I especially like it with the skirt, which I hated in the catalog but absolutely love on you!
Athene said... (1/29/09 10:16 PM) Reply
A great look - I really like this top made up to be closer fitting.
DorothyK said... (1/29/09 5:54 PM) Reply
This top is fantastic on you. Now I'm itching to make it myself. I love the deconstructed look but have never tried it. Looks like fun.
Karine said... (1/29/09 10:19 AM) Reply
What a great top on you. It's fun to see something different and little edgy (pun intended)! I hope you try the modification that Marcy has on her website for this. I think she calls it "Fall Rendition of V8497." (Sorry, but I can't figure out how to do a clickable link in these comments). I love the added contrast edges but haven't had a chance to try it myself.
Barbara V said... (1/28/09 11:10 PM) Reply
Making this top with a deconstructed look was a great choice. I agree with the connection to the skirt and you certainly created a "happy accident."
Ody said... (1/28/09 10:09 PM) Reply
Wonderful top and looks fantastic on you alone or with the French skirt. I have this pattern and I need to take it out and give it a second look. Great review, thank you.
Mahler said... (1/28/09 9:41 PM) Reply
I always love the clothes you make. They are so perfectly choice for you. Beautiful colour. Fantastic outfit.
Peggy L said... (1/28/09 9:21 PM) Reply
Your two pieces look great together. Love the color. I really have enjoyed the top I made like this and am going for the deconstructed look in the next one.

Simplicity 1913

by: BeckiP

StyleArc Jacinta

by: Molliefran

You Sew Girl 200mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 200mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)