Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2007-109 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:2/2/09 0:41 AM
Last Updated:2/9/09 3:16 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 29 people
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (2/11/09 2:45 PM) Reply
Great job, Nancy. These are so cute.
Karen8320 said... (2/10/09 7:37 PM) Reply
Lovely work, Nancy. These blouses look fabulous on you and so very, very feminine. I love that print fabric!
EleanorSews said... (2/10/09 11:16 AM) Reply
Your blouses turned out very nicely. Don't you just hate it when there is that one little thing that you notice and everyone else considers inconsequential? But, that's why one sews ~ to get it as close to right as we can. Interesting about the stand on this collar.
Physics Girl said... (2/10/09 9:22 AM) Reply
Thanks for pointing out the collar stand on this one (one of my favorite Ann Taylor blouses has the same type of stand, and I've been meaning to duplicate it!)
Markie1 said... (2/9/09 10:09 PM) Reply
Add me to your haircut raves! AND I love the blouses--I see nothing at all wrong with either one, drag lines???? Not from where I sit. Very nice Nancy
Christas said... (2/9/09 9:55 PM) Reply
Second version is WONDERFUL too! Love it!
Ody said... (2/9/09 9:38 PM) Reply
Honestly, by now and all the comments you know the blouse is a total winner. Really, I am so impressed everytime I pull up your reviews how much your sewing skills are improving. You always look so cute and sophisticated in all your garments, but this blouse goes beyond fit and cute! Great job and super review!!!
Catbird said... (2/9/09 9:32 PM) Reply
This looks great on you too! The fit looks really crisp to me and I like the collar -- doesn't seem too high. You're so lucky to have a fitting block draped by Birgitte!
Elke said... (2/9/09 7:29 PM) Reply
These are really cute and they look great on you...especially like the sleeves!
Peggy L said... (2/9/09 6:37 PM) Reply
The both look great!
amy in mpls said... (2/9/09 4:14 PM) Reply
really, really great tops! Both look great on you!
Karendee said... (2/9/09 3:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, fit, hairdo and pose. You look just great!
Kellie R. said... (2/9/09 3:30 PM) Reply
Lovely Nancy. Both versions are so nicely done and look gorgeous on you, as always!
Danvillegirl said... (2/3/09 5:20 AM) Reply
Nice job. Interesting collar stand.
Robin Denning said... (2/2/09 9:38 PM) Reply
Nancy, I love this on you! The fit is wonderful, and very flattering. I don't see anything wrong at all above the bust- really it just looks marvelous~! (cute haircut, too!!) I am inspired to get back to the sewing room and make another BWOF shirt.
Christas said... (2/2/09 5:04 PM) Reply
I love your new blouse. It fits you perfectly. I like your new haircut also!
Heatherrique said... (2/2/09 3:42 PM) Reply
Nancy, this is such a lovely top! Looks like you have a TNT here!
Birgitte said... (2/2/09 3:05 PM) Reply
Oh Nancy, you look so PRETTY! The hair is outta this world, and the blouse so feminine, just like you :)) The fit is sooo close, and you should be very proud. The neck/shoulder looks to be perfect so it's just tweaking from this point forward. No one else will notice, so if it's comfortable, wear it A LOT. You look like a million bucks :))
CynthiaSue said... (2/2/09 2:50 PM) Reply
yes, the forward shoulder looks perfect. what a cute blouse!!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/2/09 12:56 PM) Reply
Nancy, I just love your cute blouse, perfect fit and so flattering, as is your beautiful hair !
Rhoda K said... (2/2/09 12:24 PM) Reply
Your blouse is just beautiful - I always enjoy and look forward to your reviews.
sewbehind said... (2/2/09 10:57 AM) Reply
Love the blouse and the haircut. Both are very flattering.
Nancy K said... (2/2/09 10:57 AM) Reply
You are so lucky to have been draped! The fit on this blouse is great and it's a lovely on you. When I realized that I have a forward shoulder it made a big difference in fit and comfort. I have made these collars from Burda with the separate stand and I have found that it is much easier to put together if I use 1/4" sas for the collar. But, it really does create a great collar, especially in a jacket.
Seaspur said... (2/2/09 10:19 AM) Reply
I love this blouse on you! Must dig out that issue.
Catbird said... (2/2/09 9:32 AM) Reply
The pretty, feminine blouse and the wonderful new haircut are both winners! You've done a great job.
sewtime said... (2/2/09 9:21 AM) Reply
Cute blouse!
Amanda S. said... (2/2/09 9:16 AM) Reply
This is so cute! I love the fabric as well.
AnneMarie60 said... (2/2/09 8:07 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse. The fit is perfect--what a difference the right fit makes! Great review.
MissCelie said... (2/2/09 7:36 AM) Reply
I think the blouse is cute, but I LOVE your haircut :)
Lori V said... (2/2/09 7:08 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse. I really like your new haircut, too.
BillieJean said... (2/2/09 5:27 AM) Reply
Really beautiful blouse and the fit looks perfect!
Sigrid. said... (2/2/09 3:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse. Are the lines you see not just there in the picture? What I mean to say, when you have another pose or pull on the seam they might well be gone. It seems a minor issue to me. When you wear it, you move, the fabric reacts. No problem here.
morzel said... (2/2/09 2:47 AM) Reply
You got a keeper there! The fit of the body is great (I do see what you mean with the above-bust wrinkles, but didnīt see them before you mentioned) and the sleeves are a really nice detail!
Athene said... (2/2/09 2:30 AM) Reply
Nancy you look so feminine and lovely. The blouse is absolutely charming - love the sleeve design and the fabric too.
Annette1 said... (2/2/09 2:27 AM) Reply
Your blouse looks just WONDERFUL, Nancy, but I'm having trouble deciding whether I like the blouse better or your NEW HAIRCUT! I LOVE your hair. :o) You're just looking MAAAAAAVELOUS all the way around!

BurdaStyle Magazine 11-2012-128