Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2322 (OOP Vintage Vogue dress)

Reviewed by:KiwiWendy

About KiwiWendystarstarstar
Posted on:2/7/09 9:03 PM
Last Updated:2/13/09 1:21 AM
Sherril Miller said... (2/15/09 10:09 AM) Reply
This is such a pretty pattern. They are so flirty and feminine.
cindyann said... (2/14/09 11:16 AM) Reply
Great way to deal with the lack of fabric. Lovely dress.
QuickFade said... (2/13/09 1:01 PM) Reply
These dresses look really nice on you. I've been drawing a blank on the best way to do an FBA on a Burda knit wrap top with an empire waist, and your photos were very educational. Even though the top is different from your dress, it's related in principle, and this got my brain cells working again. Also, I love your style of writing. Got me laughing, and I needed it. Thanks!
sewtime said... (2/13/09 12:28 PM) Reply
Darling dress, so pretty!!! Great review.
renren said... (2/13/09 10:54 AM) Reply
Lovely dresses and thanks for showing the alteration which I am "reading" as a FBA plus lengthening the bodice (as you mentioned). I'm trying to figure out what this means: "and the horizontal dart seam is approx half an inch closer to the the side seam than the bust point"; if you get a chance could you mention it here or at stash board discussion . . . unless it's too complicated. Thanks and lovely dresses which you appear to wear very happily!!
fourkid said... (2/13/09 10:27 AM) Reply
Very pretty, cool summer dresses.
Christas said... (2/13/09 9:35 AM) Reply
This dress fits you wonderfully! I love your fabric choice..... so pretty!
KiwiWendy said... (2/9/09 6:27 PM) Reply
Sad to say, Ody, these were all daytime mistakes! Though I'll claim that I can't have been 100% well cos on the days I was sewing this I had 2-hour naps in the afternoon. That's way longer than my usual nanna nap
Ody said... (2/9/09 1:54 AM) Reply
Must make a comment even though I am popping in late. Lovely dress, and your review was so encouraging. I am so glad to hear I am not the only one who sews the wrong parts together and has to rip---guess I "pick" faster than you do! This all happens sewing late at night --- right???? Super review.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (2/8/09 11:01 PM) Reply
Lovely dress - very feminine and the fabric so perfect for it!
KiwiWendy said... (2/8/09 5:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the kind comments. FreyaStark, I got the fabric from My Hung Fabrics in Parramatta.
Sherril Miller said... (2/8/09 3:14 PM) Reply
Great job on the fit. It certainly is feminine. It shows off those curves to your advantage and the fabric is very pretty
merry-one said... (2/8/09 2:45 PM) Reply
Looks very nice. I like the double dart, use it a lot myself. Sometimes I will do a french dart on the bottom to add shaping. Very nice.
Karine said... (2/8/09 12:27 PM) Reply
Great pattern - really pretty style. Thanks for the detailed review.
tr1c14 said... (2/8/09 9:59 AM) Reply
That dress is just adorable on you! Does lovely things for your curves.
TracyB said... (2/8/09 1:45 AM) Reply
Your pattern adjustment photo has helped me understand the whole concept!
FreyaStark said... (2/7/09 11:17 PM) Reply
A lovely dress. Well done. Where did you find the blue fabric?
Schnauzer said... (2/4/09 11:41 PM) Reply
Wendy, what a lovely style. I think it's going to look fabulous in your chosen fabric.
moushka said... (2/4/09 7:41 AM) Reply
Can't wait to see a photo of the finished dress on you. Your fabric is lovely and the style is so classic. Thanks for the review.

by: Heatherriq...