Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2009-108 (Knit Top with Bateau Neckline)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
kerrynw said... (2/14/09 9:28 AM) Reply
Lovely top, great print.
marjenann said... (2/10/09 7:54 AM) Reply
OOH! LA! LA! What a smashing top!! You look divine!!
Kellie R. said... (2/9/09 3:24 PM) Reply
You make absolutely THE funnest, cutest and best stuff! I love this top and it looks FABULOUS on you!!
Meggie LuLu said... (2/7/09 6:02 PM) Reply
This top looks SOOOO NICE on you!! I LOVE the fabric you picked!!
jkaori said... (2/6/09 9:14 AM) Reply
Looks great! I've had my eye on this pattern, so thank you for your review!
Seamingly Simple said... (2/6/09 7:40 AM) Reply
Gosh, my February issue hasn't even arrived yet, and you have completed a garment from it! The neckline is really flattering and draws attention to your lovely face.
Karen8320 said... (2/6/09 0:53 AM) Reply
Now this is one top that definitely belongs in a Duran Duran video clip! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv6Cr5LZStE comes to mind) Louella, this is one very sleek and smart top and you look really fabulous in it! I love the fabric. Simon Le Bon would notice you straight away! Great work!
persevering said... (2/6/09 0:29 AM) Reply
Thank you for answer - I feel more confident now about making a knit top. Also, about the slippage feeling on the shoulders:- If you haven't already, making & attaching 'bra strap holders" (or whatever they are called) could alleviate a potential slippage and keep this top wearable - it is a real winner! Thanks again!
Heidi Ho said... (2/5/09 9:06 PM) Reply
Your top is very cute. You are quick! I just got my issue yesterday and haven't even finished drooling over all the cute styles in it and you've already got something made!! I like the top a lot and was thinking I'd make it myself...very very becoming and a great print too!
Dinosauarwoman said... (2/5/09 8:25 PM) Reply
I love your top....it looks wonderful! I also really like all of your items you have sewn! VERY inspiring!
Karla Kizer said... (2/5/09 8:21 PM) Reply
That's the one I traced first from this issue. Yours is lovely. Very encouraging!
Catbird said... (2/5/09 8:02 PM) Reply
Great top! Wasn't the February issue just loaded with good things? This one caught my eye too -- classic and simple design that we can't get enough of. Thanks for the review!
Heatherrique said... (2/5/09 6:17 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the kind words! You are tempting me to make more! To Persevering, I edited the section on "other features" to include the method I use to finish a knit neckline. Using invisible elastic is popular. You can also search the database for other ingenious ways.
nicegirl said... (2/5/09 5:40 PM) Reply
Great top! The fabric is so fun and the neckline is flattering.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (2/5/09 5:17 PM) Reply
THis is first on the list from that issue - thanks for the review!
TanyaMT said... (2/5/09 5:09 PM) Reply
So nice to see this made up. I have a post-it note in my copy on this top and was just getting ready to trace it. :)
Vonnevo said... (2/5/09 5:07 PM) Reply
Fabulous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for another great review :)))
figtree said... (2/5/09 3:56 PM) Reply
WOW, so quick, I just got this magazine yesterday! I do like this top, nice basic, thanks for the tips!
CynthiaSue said... (2/5/09 3:44 PM) Reply
great print on you. thank you for the always so complete sewing instructions!
persevering said... (2/5/09 2:53 PM) Reply
Can you tell me how you stabilized the neckline? (I haven't done a knit yet.) The style is quite becoming on you. Thanks for your review.
JamieLiz said... (2/5/09 2:36 PM) Reply
Very nice. Love the print!
Annette1 said... (2/5/09 2:04 PM) Reply
Great review, clear and concise. LOVE your new top, especially the bateau neck and your fun print! :o) It's especially nice that you can whip this one up so quickly (even WITHOUT a serger or coverstitch, of which I have neither). :o)
Karendee said... (2/5/09 1:59 PM) Reply
Great top; I love this pattern.
MelissaB in WA said... (2/5/09 1:19 PM) Reply
Cute top. I am finishing up another top and planned to start with that top from the Feb issue too. I love this issue, there are so many great things in it!
squirrellypoo said... (2/5/09 12:49 PM) Reply
This looks great! I totally missed this pattern in the preview, so I'm hoping my issue arrives soon!
Izzie said... (2/5/09 12:42 PM) Reply
Nice top! I like that neckline on you.
nellc said... (2/5/09 12:36 PM) Reply
Very nice top, the neckline is a lovely flattering shape.
2BSewing said... (2/5/09 11:58 AM) Reply
Your version looks great on you. I saw this, but wasn't sure how the neckline would look on me. You've confirmed that I need to try it. Thanks for the tip on how the neckline behaves.
Lauri Jean said... (2/5/09 11:25 AM) Reply
Your top looks so much better than the one in the magazine. Lovely!
gatorgirl4325 said... (2/5/09 11:04 AM) Reply
I like it!
crisford said... (2/5/09 11:02 AM) Reply
Wow! Very sleek and flattering. Looks fabulous on you!
Sigrid. said... (2/5/09 10:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful, thanks for the info on the neckline. This is one of the (many) items I wish to make from the February issue.
Michelle L said... (2/5/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Adorable! I lovelovelove the fabric! Thanks for the hint on the neckline, I am forever forgetting to stabilize or staystitch.
pterion said... (2/5/09 10:22 AM) Reply
Great style for you! I just started subscribing and thought this top would be a good 'first BWOF'. Thanks for the review!
Frogstitcher said... (2/5/09 10:01 AM) Reply
Very stylish. I like that you added the tie belt and dressed up this basic tee. Thanks for heads-up on noting that the neckline may be a little wide. For someone like me who has narrow shoulders, this is great info to have prior to tracing the pattern.
Re Becca said... (2/5/09 9:30 AM) Reply
That looks maahvelous! Meeoow. When are they going to realize that that is the hard way to put in knit sleeves?
Karen6790 said... (2/5/09 8:57 AM) Reply
Looks great on you. I'm about half done this one, had to take a break, glad to know it turns out this well. I love it when BWOF throws us a great basic shape we can use over and over.

StyleArc Tiffany Blouse