Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5819 (DIY Style)

Reviewed by:Meggie LuLu

About Meggie LuLustarstarstarstar
OK United States
Member since: 1/26/08
Posted on:2/7/09 4:04 PM
Last Updated:6/12/09 12:38 PM

See other patterns in this category: Activewear
nancy2001 said... (6/14/09 10:26 AM) Reply
McCall's DIY should use you as one of their models. Not only do you look fabulous in their clothes, but you actually sewed them yourself. Perhaps you should send your review into the company.
Athene said... (6/14/09 2:17 AM) Reply
Very cute tops.
Karendee said... (6/13/09 4:47 PM) Reply
What adorable trio of tops! And you look so good in each of them. Your workmanship is excellent, and I appreciate all the pictures. That helps me visualize the process! I also really love the little ruffled looking neckline casing. Darling!
Catbird said... (6/13/09 10:53 AM) Reply
Another winner from this pattern! Even with that distinctive neckline, you've given each of these their own character, so they don't look at all repetitious. And purple is DEFINITELY a good color for you. Enjoy your new top!
shesflipped said... (6/13/09 7:00 AM) Reply
Super cute, just like you! Great work.
Sandi S said... (6/13/09 0:38 AM) Reply
So cute! I love all of your versions.
Sew4Fun said... (6/12/09 9:04 PM) Reply
Another wonderfully cute top! I dug this pattern out a few days ago to sew a version for my DD after seeing your last two versions and here you are with yet another one. Someone might get the idea that you like this pattern. LOL!
Annette1 said... (6/12/09 7:03 PM) Reply
I REALLY like this one with the different sleeves! And, DARE I MENTION, it's PURPLE? My PSYCHIC self is telling me you're wearing it RAT NOW! Am I RIGHT? :o)) I LOVE your fancy stitching on the pockets, too!
persevering said... (6/12/09 3:39 PM) Reply
Yes, totally, cute and so well fitted!
JoanneM said... (6/12/09 2:08 PM) Reply
Outstanding concise review! The tops are lovely!
cabinbaby said... (6/12/09 1:10 PM) Reply
Wow, I love all your versions. They are super cute!
graysquirrel said... (5/3/09 6:54 PM) Reply
I totally love your second version! I keep coming back to look at it! Great job!
eugenia123 said... (2/22/09 7:00 AM) Reply
These tops are just fabulous. I love your choice of fabrics and this style really suits you. They look beautifully made.
Jacqui315 said... (2/21/09 1:47 PM) Reply
Such a cute top!!! We'll love to see anymore you make from this pattern.
carolynw said... (2/21/09 9:47 AM) Reply
So pretty - congrats on the 4th Star
CShelley said... (2/21/09 8:21 AM) Reply
I think you're the best dressed girl in Oklahoma. I LOVE both versions of the top and they look great on you. I think I'm going to get this pattern for myself. Thanks for the inspiration.
Em's Summer said... (2/21/09 7:40 AM) Reply
Two more cute tops! I love them! Great job!
KateS said... (2/21/09 5:23 AM) Reply
Stylin! Love the fabric- great job!
Twinset said... (2/21/09 1:29 AM) Reply
I really love this top, and it is super cute on you! Ok now this pattern goes on my 'to make' list!!
Markie1 said... (2/21/09 1:25 AM) Reply
you look adorable in these tops. You are such a prolific and enthusiastic sew-er! I always enjoy your reviews and LOVE seeing your sisters too.
nglalala said... (2/21/09 1:11 AM) Reply
Oh my! These are so cute! Great job!
poplin said... (2/21/09 0:14 AM) Reply
I've been reading up on you... YOU DESERVE THAT 4TH STAR. (Not that there is anybody who doesn't... vbgrin.) You sew, girl. Love to see more.
Terri A said... (2/20/09 11:59 PM) Reply
Adorable! You are an enthusiastic and good sewing example!
Sew4Fun said... (2/20/09 11:20 PM) Reply
Great tops and great review! I have to sew this for my daughter. I know she would love it too. Love your new photo too with the sunnies. :)
Angien said... (2/20/09 11:01 PM) Reply
Adorable on you!
Heidi Ho said... (2/20/09 10:53 PM) Reply
Those tops are adorable!!! They look so cute on you. I love all the details. Great job on an excellent review as well. I might be too old for that style but I'm tempted to make it anyway after seeing how cute it looks!!!!
Lori V said... (2/20/09 10:30 PM) Reply
These tops are so cute, I am going to show these to my twins.
katlew03 said... (2/20/09 10:07 PM) Reply
What a cute top. I just realized that it had a gathered neckband. I guess I thought it was some kind of trim on the purple one. It is really unique and makes your top special.
Annette1 said... (2/20/09 10:04 PM) Reply
I LOVE this top! I can't decide WHICH one I like better. Of course, the SUNGLASSES are PERFECT for this cute print -- ha! We bought SO MANY PATTERNS when I was there, I'll probably NEVER HAVE TO BUY PATTERNS AGAIN. :o) I never bought ANY patterns before I met y'all, so you must be a bad influence on me, don't you reckon? :o) Heh-heh-heh. We'd better save our dough for the NEXT shopping extravaganza! WHO KNOWS what we might find! (P.S. Whattaya' mean by the 15-train thing?)
sewingstacy said... (2/20/09 9:47 PM) Reply
cute! wonderful job!
candyo said... (2/16/09 0:14 AM) Reply
Great job! I'm very impressed with your skills at your age!
Karen8320 said... (2/10/09 8:38 PM) Reply
Meggie, this is definitely a great style for you. Super cute and it looks great on you. Well done!
Catbird said... (2/8/09 7:38 PM) Reply
Congratulations on all your stars! You deserve it. Your enthusiasm for sewing and your willingness to experiment and try new things is contagious. You look great in your new top!
Nana39 said... (2/8/09 5:43 PM) Reply
i really like the top great job, great color choice
Sherril Miller said... (2/8/09 3:16 PM) Reply
When I saw this pattern, I swear I thought of you. You look darling in it.
merry-one said... (2/8/09 2:47 PM) Reply
Love it, very cute!
Fairy_Tinkerbell said... (2/8/09 11:17 AM) Reply
Great choice of fabric! I love your fabric! It's the perfect pattern for this fabric!
Avienndha said... (2/8/09 9:22 AM) Reply
That top looks so cute! I love the color, and I really like the combination of all the different purples. I think you've convinced me to pull my pattern out and make it my next project...thank you!
Woolygal said... (2/8/09 8:03 AM) Reply
Very cute. Nice job.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (2/8/09 5:51 AM) Reply
Wonderful top Megan! I especially like the neckline ruffle..very cool. Gee that fabric looks familiar :)
KateS said... (2/8/09 1:50 AM) Reply
Very cute top! Great choice of fabric, the colours look lovely on you - well done!
Heatherrique said... (2/7/09 11:19 PM) Reply
Wow, you're swift and precise! Gorgeous top! Purple looks fab on you!
CynthiaSue said... (2/7/09 10:17 PM) Reply
glad you reviewed this Meggie! i have it and have been meaning to make it. you look great!
fourkid said... (2/7/09 8:41 PM) Reply
This is very cute and the purple is wonderful.
Karendee said... (2/7/09 7:38 PM) Reply
You should really be proud of this top; it is so darling on you. The sewing is perfect, and do I see evience of your new CS machine? Congratulations on your machine and top. BTW, you look really good from the back, also. No back fat at all. I so envy you.LOL!
MelissaB in WA said... (2/7/09 7:22 PM) Reply
That is so cute on you Meggie!!!
sewtime said... (2/7/09 7:09 PM) Reply
Your top is so cute! Love the way you made it!!
Annette1 said... (2/7/09 5:46 PM) Reply
CONGRATULATIONS on gaining that FOURTH STAR!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOH, the PRESSURE of trying to REACH THE TOP!! Now you can celebrate by SEWING SOMETHING ELSE!!
kasizzle said... (2/7/09 5:25 PM) Reply
Great top!
Vonnevo said... (2/7/09 5:15 PM) Reply
I love your version of this top too !!!
Annette1 said... (2/7/09 4:12 PM) Reply
SUPER cute top! It has SO many special details. I LOVE that neckline, and especially that you used the contrasting fabric, AND those pockets are PEREFCT with your decorative stitching. The only thing is, I thought I (GREAT BIG FONT, BOLD, UNDERLINED, IN RED) was your only very dear friend. Heh-heh-heh. :o)) Can't wait to see the next version! Okay, I'm now OFFICIALLY buckling down on the typing (which I've been saying for three hours now).

Understanding Knit Fabrics