Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2009-118 (Jersey Top)

Reviewed by:angie.a

About angie.astarstar
Member since: 1/18/03
Posted on:2/8/09 8:01 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

GlobalMom said... (3/25/09 11:59 AM) Reply
Thank you for great instructions! I got as far as gathering the sleeves today, and I bet by reading your review I just saved myself ruining the expensive Italian jersey I'm working with!
Heidi Ho said... (2/18/09 9:45 PM) Reply
Great instructions and cute top!
Sharon M said... (2/15/09 3:32 PM) Reply
You look so cute in this top! Thanks for the instructions - now I won't pull my hair out when I sew this top.
pterion said... (2/13/09 1:01 PM) Reply
I thought this top looked beyond weird in the magazine but it looks so stinking cute on everyone who has posted a review! Now that you've done the work of figuring it out, Angie, I want to make one myself. Thank you SO much!
barbcl said... (2/12/09 8:17 PM) Reply
I'm going to make this, and thank you so much for the great tips. It looks lovely!
rsersh said... (2/12/09 7:02 PM) Reply
This is such a great review filled with really helpful items! Thanks! Your top looks so great on you and I love the smile in the picture!
sky said... (2/12/09 10:25 AM) Reply
I love it! Thanks for the tutorial--I've been wavering on this top, but this might push me over to making it.
angie.a said... (2/12/09 6:10 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Sherrill...if you use a limp fabric, you don't get the design feature of the cool "puff". I like the look, which is really all that matters.
Sew4Fun said... (2/12/09 3:45 AM) Reply
Great tee and great review, Angie! Thanks for the sleeve how-to. I don't have any intention of sewing this pattern but I read your step by step instructions anyway, just for the fun of it. :) I always like when people go the extra mile to write a helpful review. Thanks.
Jacqui315 said... (2/11/09 8:23 PM) Reply
Great detail shots on the construction. I'm just about brave enough to try to top. Hope it turns out as cute as yours!
Sherril Miller said... (2/11/09 8:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for the head shot! Don't use a fabric any stiffer or our sleeve puffs will make you look quite wide through the bust area. As is, it's a great top.
pinemeadows said... (2/10/09 8:34 AM) Reply
Looks like a perfect fit to me! Thanks for all the detail in this review.
avancleve said... (2/9/09 12:09 PM) Reply
Thank you for the wonderful review. I plan to make this one up and your review has been most helpful. Your top looks great!
nicegirl said... (2/9/09 10:53 AM) Reply
Very useful review! I appreciate all the details and photos. This is on my project list and I'll be referring back here when I get to it. Great top!
Ody said... (2/9/09 1:16 AM) Reply
Super review! I love the top on you and it is great with a denim skirt! Cute picture of you as well---you go girl!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (2/9/09 1:12 AM) Reply
Excellent review (and top!) and it will come in very handy if I am brave enough to try this one. the line drawing looks so easy, but obviously it's not!
Annette1 said... (2/8/09 11:29 PM) Reply
What a GREAT review, Angie! I know there's been "trouble ahead, trouble behind" on those sleeves, but your review will help IMMENSELY in that regard. AND, might I add, your top is AWESOME! VERY cute!
Gecko said... (2/8/09 11:21 PM) Reply
Your top looks great! I love it with the denim skirt. If I decide to make this, I'm going to print out your instructions and use them as I sew!
sewtime said... (2/8/09 9:13 PM) Reply
Great review! Love the sleeves of this darling top!
Christas said... (2/8/09 8:20 PM) Reply
THANK YOU for these WONDERFUL and detailed instructions! This is such a cute little top. Your version is very nice! The first time I made this one I have to admit I was stumped! The second time was much better! Thanks again for taking the time to explain the steps! I have updated my review to include a link to your wonderful tutorial.
cabinbaby said... (2/8/09 8:15 PM) Reply
Hmmm, I have to have the fabric in my hands but I'll try your version next time. Usually I'm great with 3D things in my head but this one just baffles me. lol.
Lorri said... (2/8/09 8:08 PM) Reply
Angie, thanks for the detailed instructins. The top looks great. Those are unusual sleeeves, I think I like them

Islander Sewing Systems Women's City Western Blouse Pattern